Wednesday, 26 April 2023

Bloody Nora moments (during which I may swear)

#1   As I mentioned yesterday the porch was not looking promising.

This was the product we were using based on advice given to Himself by a Dulux rep who happened to be at Bunnings when he was researching. Three coats would do it and 10L would be enough for each coat.

3 10L containers later and it looked like shit. Being the understanding compassionate wife I am, I completely blamed him. Turns out there have been many issues with this product - or more to the point, the way it is described, the uses and applications.

A delightful young lass (Himself does have a way with delightful young lasses - always has and it isn't diminishing with age - maybe he reminds them of their grandfather now!) was very helpful and suggested another product. She also rang Dulux while he was there and they called him back full of apologies (but no $$ - said to let them know when he is doing another painting job and he told them in no uncertain, but pleasant terms, that hell will have frozen over before that happens!). Anyway, he came home and applied the new product and it is looking fanbloodytastic. I actually think that the failed product might have helped the finished result but it was an unnecessary expense.

#2   Remember how I went to the bank last Friday and spent $28 for an electronic real time transfer? I had taken in a redacted (as in actual $$ amounts removed but the salient details still visible) bank statement of the trust account the solicitor had given me so I couldn't understand what had happened. I rang the conveyancer at the solicitor's office and was going over the details and realised that the banking expert I saw had used the customer ID rather than the account number. Fuck fuckity fuck fuck. I felt sick. Fortunately Himself wasn't home (see first bloody Nora moment) so I could gather my thoughts without having him melting down behind me. I checked our bank account and the amount had been credited back to us. Phew. I went to the bank as was there just after they opened. I explained to the person (who seems to hide from customers but apparently is the customer contact) what had happened and said I needed this fixed TODAY. She gave me an appointment for an hour's hence. 

In my defence - when I checked the transaction with the twat that I saw last week (she was doing me a favour by squeezing me in, remember?) she asked me to verify that the numbers she had were correct. They were. What I didn't pick up was the difference between the ID and the account number. One would like to assume that a bank employee would know the difference between Client ID and Account Number.

We both rocked up to the appointment as I had to go and choose paving paint colour afterwards (see #1 again) and I was trying to sit on a volcano itching to explode. The lass we saw was lovely, understood what had happened, asked who I had seen on Friday and did a brilliant eye roll when I pointed in the direction. She didn't charge me another fee (and nor should she but I wasn't going to rock any boats - see simmering volcano) and hopefully, fingers crossed, god and allah willing, touch wood and toss some salt the funds will be there tomorrow morning for settlement on Monday. 

#3   Himself heard on the radio that our builder is doing the same thing that the builder who recently went belly up did by offering huge discounts. I went and had a look on their website and it appears to be their regular promotion. When we signed up we got several thousand dollars worth of upgrades - this seems to be the same. But you have to love the media for hyping the drama. Every builder offers upgrades on a regular basis as a "special offer". I don't think that's what PD did.

#4   The agent rang Himself to say he had a client who was ready to buy (and spend well what we want) and could he look at our place. Our place isn't just a bit messy. It looks like a bunch of apocalyptic survivors fleeing the zombies with no regard for personal health or safety have taken up residence. At a push I would consider once the existing carpet has been lifted and the painting has been done but I would like the place to look nice. The agent wants to bring this dude through before we are officially on the market. 

This agent has a great reputation for getting really good prices for properties (we should know, we bought through them!!). One of his techniques is to create an exciting vibe about a property. I understand that. But, hells bells motherfucker, this is my house and my home. It is not just your job. I know, I know, his success is our success. 

Tomorrow the stylist comes. I did text her this morning conceding defeat. I need every ounce of help she can give me.



17 comments:

  1. The Stalker

    Last part of your . 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Don’t forget poo in your shoe as well
    You are very naughty and I need no encouragement


    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading all that I’m ready to join you in a few ‘whatever you fancy’ ….it was gin wasn’t it??
    Point #2 would’ve done me in - never mind 1&3 plus 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! Not only they screwed up your banking but they made you WAIT a whole hour for the problem to get resolved?? Unheard of here...If we have a problem, the bank corrects it immediately.
    Hopefully you can get your home sold without too much expense...
    Hang in there!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Banks seem to have forgotten why they are here. Also, this branch promotes itself as a business hub. Disregarding the many elderly people who use the centre and like to go to banks. They don't even have tellers except for small businesses.

      Delete
  4. Don't get me started on bank experts! I've met them. One who thought my ss number was my account number, one who didn't know the difference between presenting and clearing a check, one who thought a durable power of attorney (27 page legal raised seal doc) was a laminated wallet card..

    That said you'll get through this, and the porch looks better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The laminated wallet card did it for me! Seriously, how do these people get jobs in banks?

      Delete
  5. What's the harm in letting someone look at the house the way it is now? If they buy it anyway, you're off the hook for the re-do. Some people want to make it all the way they want it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, the carpets that will be replaced are filthy. There is clutter in every room. Curtains that have been shredded by cats. I could go on!

      Delete
  6. Ms Moon said what I was going to say. Just let them look at it! It couldn't hurt and maybe then you wouldn't have to do all the fix-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we would get the offer we are looking for the way it is at the moment.

      Delete
  7. I remember bloody Nora. But I can’t remember where it came from. Pretty sure a television show. Boy when things goes belly up it sets up the dominos Back on track now. Smooth sailing from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my Lord! How did you keep your sanity? I would have buckled under the pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say let the prospective buyer come through, if he likes and buys, you'll save money not having to "style" it.

    ReplyDelete