Tomorrow we drive to Bairnsdale (about 3 hours) to sign the initial contract and pay the deposit on the house. All very exciting.
It makes the chaos that is my home at the moment a bit more bearable.
Today I finished scraping paint off the windows where Himself had painted the woodwork (yes he could have taped but there is always a bit of scraping to do regardless and I like doing it). I planted the tubs at the front door with pansies and some other plant the name of which escapes me. We should have a burst of colour when the time comes. I also planted a few pots in the vege patch with the same plants for a splash of colour.
Himself has painted the two spare bedrooms. They will need another coat but it won't take him long. Hopefully he will have all the interior painting done by the end of next week.
I went to put a load of washing on this morning and I couldn't get the washing machine to turn on. The dryer wouldn't work either. I checked the fuse box. All good. Everything else was working fine.
I think they are under warranty so wasn't too concerned but annoyed at the inconvenience.
I told Himself and he went into the laundry to have a look.
I heard the tell-tale chime that indicates the machine is on.
I had been pressing the stop start button. Not the on off button.
Shoot me now.
At least I enjoyed a couple of hot cross buns.
Oh my. Sounds like something I would do lol. Crisis averted Your going full noise. You’ll be ship shape in no time
ReplyDeleteOur washing machine is complicated and I am the only person here who knows how it works. I hear umpteen beeps when the other person here tries to set it. I need to add washing machine instructions to my will. Is yours a Samsung?
ReplyDeleteHimself has already painted two rooms!!! He is good.
I ate an Aldi hot cross bun with butter and Vegemite today but I enjoyed a half a lamington from a bakery more.
I am sure you are up to speed with insurance for new builds.
Samsung washing machines are a load of rubbish..had one for two weeks and it broke down…took an incompetent service man two weeks to arrive to tell me something was wrong with it! Samsung appliances are a load of rubbish. We replaced it with a German made Bosch that is magic
DeleteHe's very industrious! The painting is going fast. And thinking ahead with the planting for street appearance.
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to paint the buttons green for go and red for stop.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter, whether you notice it or not. It's the start of spring here. Lovely warm days.
ReplyDeleteGood painting and refreshing. You won't want to leave when it's finished lol
Ha! I've done that on appliances before -- pushed the wrong button. At least you had the pleasure of knowing that it still works!
ReplyDelete