Friday, 14 April 2023

It's all go

Sally was dropped off this morning in her pyjamas. She thinks it's rather special leaving home in one's pyjamas.

We went and visited the lovely Angela. Sally was a bit overwhelmed by Trixie, the bouncing poodle, but soon learned to sit on the floor and let Trixie say hi. Ana, Angela's gorgeous granddaughter (those huge eyes!) and Sally got on well and played nicely so Angela and I got to have a grown up chat and I got to have a yummy coffee and pretend I wasn't living in chaos!

As we were getting ready to leave I got the call from the stylist. Not as expensive as first thought so happy to hire furniture if needed. She will come over on the 27th April and has been warned we will still be living in chaos.

When I got home I got a call from the agent's assistant and we discussed timing. Basically on Friday 12th they will come and video the place, draw up the floorplan, write the blurb and take photos. The place will then be on the market.

This afternoon I deep cleaned the walk in wardrobe. I need to do the venetians and the mirrors and that room will just need a routine going over.

Tomorrow I will do our bedroom and the ensuite.

Then I will focus on getting those damned venetians cleaned through the house. 

In between times I will do a bit of weeding and other garden stuff - weather permitting.

So much to do in 4 weeks.

Thank god for gin.

13 comments:

  1. It was so nice to see the girls get on so well.
    I hope your able To come back with Sally on a Friday. As soon as you left ana went down for a two hour sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a decent sleep. Sally talked about you and Ana all the way home and can't wait to come back!

      Delete
  2. Is Angela the person you met via your blog?
    House selling, buying and moving are so stressful, but together you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is. We now have time constraints and that really adds the pressure.

      Delete
  3. I honestly am overwhelmed, just thinking about what all you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, now you've done it. I'm off to clean my own Venetian blinds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a job I loathe. We will have plantation shutters in the new place. Much easier to keep clean.

      Delete
  5. You will be keeping yourself busy, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thecontemplativecat here. Mom used to do the deep cleaning in the spring. She was obsessively thorough. Getting ready for selling is a big job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting... so much to do though, I dread when we have to sell! I'm glad you are happy with your decision, I would be too. I would love to leave Auckland and it will happen I'm sure, we just don't know where we want to go yet.

    ReplyDelete