The above video is for Steve after a comment I made on his blog about our sulphur crested demons from hell. Prompted by the racket they are making right now.
Himself and Three were up at sparrow's fart to leave for the airport to go to Brisbane for stepson's 50th birthday bash. All my boys are up there. It's funny that Three will get to catch up with One for the first time since Christmas. They live 10 minutes from each other.
Because I was up (why can't men get ready quietly?) I went and fed One's dog and dropped some stuff off that I had given away in our local residents' facebook group.
Came home and cleaned the venetian blind in our wardrobe. Went to the doctor for the results of my xray and ultrasound on my hip - bursitis, so no hip replacement thank goodness. Came home and had lunch and cleaned another two big blinds and a little one. I have three more to do and then I'm done. Hopefully they will just need a quick dust before opens.
I have a quote to have the windows cleaned and someone coming tomorrow to give me another one. Himself will not be happy spending the money but he cannot do everything. He needs to focus on the stuff only he can do.
Three put his hand up for the heavy sofa bed so that is one less thing I have to get rid of.
I am having a glass of wine while my dinner cooks and I bought myself an apple turnover as a treat for afterwards.
The diet can start tomorrow.
The cockies seem to be destroying western red cedar in the clip. They love it.
ReplyDeleteFrankly, we were ripped off for balcony and window glass cleaning, at $200. The standard rate is about $100+, so you are wise to get another quote.
Noisy men? Cupboard doors bang shut. Drawers bang shut and then he wonders why the cutlery moves around. Chopping knives slam down on the stone benchtop. It is one retirement thing I never thought about in advance.
An apple turnover from the Scottish restaurant?
I am glad I am not the only one with a noisy partner.
DeleteTurnover was from Coles. It had fresh cream in it.
Can they give you a cortisone shot in the hip. They did that in my shoulder when I had bursitis and it worked a treat
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the quiet while it lasts. Angela
That is the last ditch remedy.
DeleteGlad to hear the hip doesn't need replacement and that you're enjoying time alone. Sounds good.
ReplyDeleteIt is always nice to have some time alone. Apart from the four demanding animals, of course plus the two I am feeding!
DeleteI watched the entire video and was amazed. I had no idea that cockatiels could tear down a structure! But honestly, people ARE in their environment. I have no idea what the answer is but "culling" doesn't seem that fair.
ReplyDeleteMy husband is so quiet when he leaves in the early, early morning to go hunting or fishing or whatever. I rarely even wake up. He gets everything ready and set out the night before. And you know, I've never even thought about how sweet that is of him. Of course, our bedroom is about a mile from the kitchen. Well, not really. But it is a distance in this rambling old place.
Enjoy your peace and quiet!
The can strip trees in minutes. I went to craft one day and when I came out a couple of hours later the car park was strewn with branches, twigs and leaves from the gum trees they had attacked.
DeleteYou are lucky to have a considerate bloke. But then he has been doing this for a while. Yesterday was a one off for us.
We have the cockies here too and they certainly can strip a lot off a tree in a short time. Trees with cones are a favourite. I'm glad my home isn't wood, no wood at all even window and door frames are metal and the construction is besser blocks, all the flats are the same, so the cockies leave us alone. I was feeding a few for a couple of years, began with just one sick looking one that I felt sorry for and soon had a flock of 16-20 coming around a couple of times a week, twice a day. It got too expensive buying all the seed, so I gradually put out less until I ran out then I stopped. I like to think maybe I saved someone's porch railings in those two years. The answer of course is to not build with wood, but how many can afford the alternative.
ReplyDelete