I did it.
I got up and went for a walk. I didn't enjoy it. I don't like just pounding the pavement. Some people said good morning, a lovely kid gave me some story about Lennox's water bottle and most just walked past.
But I will do it again. And again. And again. I want to be fit(ter) by the time we move so I can really enjoy walking in a beautiful spot.
I haven't given up on the dream of an e-bike. I just need to gently nag nudge a certain person as they aren't cheap so not really a purchase I would make without consultation.
I went for the xray and ultrasound. The sonographer pressed a certain spot and asked if that was where the pain was. Hell yes. I think whatever the issue is will be soft tissue or bursitis. At least I won't need a replacement.
I came home and sent off the paperwork to drag money out of super to pay for the land. *gulp* shit is getting real.
Then I caught up with J and C for brunch and a natter.
Himself came home from cardiac rehab and we went and priced carpet, looked at these so we can get good use out of the 4th bedroom (2nd will have an ensuite and be a permanent guest room and 3rd will be permanent for kids with bunks and toys) and looked at recliners.
Himself readily admits he finds it hard to imagine things. He questions my styling but then agrees I did good. But every bloody time I have to go through him "not sure" about my suggestions. We will get recliners. And we will get the ones I want. It will just take time!
Tomorrow we have an appointment with the solicitor to sign stuff about the land; an appointment with the real estate agent because someone wants to talk to him even though he won't tell us anything we don't already know and then we will go and look through a display of the house design we have chosen. Not the actual one (that would be too easy) but close enough.
I am going to try really hard to bite my tongue and just go with the flow as we get this place ready for market. Himself is so excited about this that I really don't want to piss on his parade. And it is his parade.
The pumpkins are doing well. Maude looks almost ready to harvest and her siblings are coming along nicely. There are so many wannabes that just won't make it because the stupid buggers left their run too late in the season. I wonder how well pumpkins grow in Lakes?
I always have the say when it comes to interior decorating. And come to think of it. Exterior as well lol
ReplyDeleteI’m lucky my hubby just doesn’t care.
I had bursitis in my shoulder and got a cortisone shot. It worked for almost two years. But I think it’s coming back now
Crikey. You don't need any more pain, woman.
DeletePermanent guest room? It needs two single beds. We like Lakes Entrance.
ReplyDeleteOne of a couple will have an eye for style, and that seems like you. You are living in such exciting times. Frankly I would be terrified. I just couldn't go through another move.
We will have two bedrooms set up for guests!
DeleteThe last two moves have been our last! Third time lucky.
Gosh you’ve got more guts than me - taking on a new build. It’ll either make or break you both…most likely make. You’re a good team.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed we make it to the other side!
DeleteI think the walking will also keep up your spirits as you navigate this new building project. I walk regularly, often don't feel like it, but I'm always glad I did.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, Liz. It really is just getting out there and doing it.
DeleteI don't think that my husband and I could build a house together. He has such firm ideas about design. Not interior design so much as actual house design. He's driving me a little crazy just with the designing of things he wants to build from the wood he harvested like tables. I believe doing an entire house would absolutely drive me to total insanity.
ReplyDeleteWe are going with a builder so we don't have a huge say in the design but Himself is in charge of the big stuff. I get to play with the pretty things.
DeleteCan't decide if building my own home from scratch would be a dream or a nightmare. I admire your fortitude.
ReplyDeleteWhat saves me is having something to listen to - download an audiobook on your phone, or buy a device to listen that way. I find walking unbelievably boring if I don't have something to distract me.
I keep forgetting to take my headphones!
DeleteThe Stalker
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you….. our discussion moment that went on for a couple of months was the very posh toaster….I wanted it, the cook thought it was too extravagant… which it was but when the benches went in ….sold madam, sold! …Sparks, we designer girls🤣 just know!
As for my niece Maude and some of her reluctant siblings , I am sure they would appreciate a chance to live by the sea, ..harvest some of their offspring seeds and take them on a road trip
to acclimatise
as soon as the benches went in
The Stalker……odd sentence …bad editing! I write as I ride my exercise bike !
DeleteI plan to harvest some seeds and I really want to try to strike some roses from the rose that grew from a cutting from my mother in law's place that grew from a cutting my mother gave to her.
DeleteI hope you are better at ebiking than I am! I was pretty good on a normal bike but find an ebike to be a totally different beast. They are heavier and the control for me is not as easy. I ended up in tears yesterday but more of that on my blog soon :) I love that you are both so happy about moving... exciting times for you.
ReplyDeleteHmm. I hadn't thought about the weight factor. The bike I am looking at is a hybrid so suitable for riding on tracks as well as the road. I'll see if I can try one first.
DeleteWall beds are a great idea! They're out of the way when you don't need them and quickly available when you do.
ReplyDeleteAnd it will have a desk attached so Himself can disappear and not annoy me!
Delete