Sunday, 23 April 2023

Two days in one.

To get back into my routine of posting in the evening I will write about yesterday now and today later.

Yesterday ...

Neither of us particularly wanted to do anything around the house. I emptied a cupboard that had stuff in it I hadn't even looked at since I packed it up 6 years go. I now have to finish sorting into a toss and keep pile. I know which one will be larger.

We went out to Metricon for their "open house". We were given a quick run through and then were able to roam free looking at colours and samples. I have picked my flooring (tiles, carpet and hybrid floorboards), my wall colours, my kitchen cabinet colours and bench tops and the same for the bathrooms. I have also chosen the bricks and the roof and the window frames (white - that wasn't hard). We are given a certain range included in the cost - anything "upgraded" costs more. Guess whose kitchen bench was in the top range? But my bricks were in the included range so swings and roundabouts. We did get extras included in the initial costing so, hopefully, there won't be too big a difference when we have finished designing the interior.

Once we got home we freshened up and wandered down to the pub. Himself had offered to drive but I wanted him to be able to have a bevvy or two if he wished. And he did.

Our meal was pretty average. That's how the pub runs. Some are amazing some are meh. Ours was in the middle somewhere. Also we were spoiled when we had dinner out at Lakes and have been reminded that good dining does exists and it ain't the Langy pub! We had a flutter on the pokies. Himself blew his contribution. I came out $10 ahead. 

We were planning on catching the courtesy bus home. It shows how long it is since we did that - it stopped during COVID and hasn't been reinstated! So a long slow slog up the hill. I am sure the wines I had helped ease the pain in my hip. I was proud of myself (for the walking, not the wine!). 

When I went to bed Himself gave me a hot water bottle to place on my hip and for the first time in yonks I was pain free overnight and this morning. 

Oh the romance of 46 years of marriage!!

Now on to today. I shall be back later ....


Today

Oh my giddy aunt it was a busy day.

One and Three were amazing. Stuff went to storage and the tip. Himself had help and it was invaluable. It was also good to see the sons interacting.

I can now see the spaces we have to work with and I am going to hand it all over to the stylist.

I have more to go to Vinnies and can see an end to this.

The best husband in the world is cooking steak for dinner.

I want to move out now and leave the place to the agents to sell. Maybe I should go and play the pokies again and fund my dream!

18 comments:

  1. Many of the declutterers who write articles suggest that if you haven't even looked at something for a year or two you can safely get rid of it and never miss it. Here you have a cupboard of stuff unseen for six years! Forget the sorting and just pass it all on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was, however, something of minor sentimental value which I have kept and a book that my Dad loved. The rest was sorted - tip and op shop. There was a whole other hobby that I haven't touched in 6 years - quilting - so that stuff has been gifted.

      Delete
  2. I think you did awesome to walk to the pub and back
    Yes after a long marriage romance is them getting the heat pack, or rubbing Vicks on your back and neck so you can breath.
    You’ll be gone all too soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were so decisive with you want in your new home. Research beforehand?
    Yeah, that is a thing about pubs. You can a lovely meal one visit and an ordinary meal the next. Uphill with a belly full of wine and food! Not easy.
    Yes, your husband giving you a hot water bottle on your anniversary is not the first thing that came to my mind.
    Steak as we know it! I don't think I'll get that in England, but l am looking forward to sweet English lamb. Hold the boring yorkies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the look I want so picking the colours was easy. Give me too many options and I become a dithering mess.
      Sweet English lamb. Nothing nicer.

      Delete
  4. I need to finish decluttering....it seems to grow all on it's own!
    The pub sounds fun.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a never ending task. I remember being mildly annoyed when Mum decreed no more knick knacks as gifts. I fully understand her reasoning, now!

      Delete
  5. Flutter on the pokies? I'm guessing some scratch off cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poker machines. One arm bandits (except you don't pull the lever any more). Maybe you call them gaming machines. I am sure they are world wide.

      Delete
  6. Like Boud, I am completely mystified as what flutter on the pokies is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A flutter is a small bet. Pokies are gaming machines that you find in casinos. We have them in pubs and clubs (licenced only).

      Delete
  7. It must feel good to get your "stuff" under control! If you play a pokie and win, you're doing well, indeed -- aren't they something like slot machines? Or poker machines, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what they are, Steve. Aussies do love to abbreviate everything!

      Delete
  8. A lot accomplished. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TheStalker
    Conversation dropper “ I just have called my stylist to tell her the towel colour is wrong, deal with it please “ 🤣
    Exciting times ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! I am sure she will do a great job.

      Delete