Friday, 26 May 2023

Boxes

We came across this whilst going through papers from, well, 2013 and before! After mum died I contacted Bupa to cancel her health insurance policy and this was the letter we received!





The boxes in the ceiling space and under the house. Oh my god!! I had no idea SOMEONE had brought so much shit with us. I thought my craft stuff was bad. Anyway, the ceiling is now empty (and I have told him in no uncertain terms the only thing going in the new house ceiling is insulation). CDs, DVDs, books, paperwork, computer stuff (how many external hard drives does one person need?) and the list goes on.

Himself will contact one of those shred onsite companies to get rid of documentation that could be sensitive. The op shop will get the DVDs and CDs. 

I cleared out the dresser which is being picked up tomorrow. I put the bar stools on market place at $150. They are worth over $300 and are as new. Two nibbles so far but I think I will have to drop the price.

The bathroom cabinet is now empty and I have tubs of stuff to take down when I go with the Mermaid. 

I really hope the buyers' finance is approved. We are bit screwed if it isn't!

Murphy was groomed today. Himself went to pick him up and rang me to say he could hear him whimpering!! Murphy is a sook. The groomer said he loved his bath but didn't really like the hair dryer. I know he doesn't like being brushed. Jinx has her turn tomorrow. 


16 comments:

  1. That's a great bureaucratic letter. After my husband died, Medicare sent a final notice addressed to him, explaining what final care was covered, envelope marked "To be opened by addressee only, on penalty of law".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One really has to wonder at some of these organisations

      Delete
  2. It’s all those ‘little’ things that turn out to troublesome - we moved away from this house in 1994, returning 7yrs later. It took days to clear the loft of mainly ‘childhood possessions’ belonging to children who no longer lived here …who when questioned decided they no longer wanted or were interested in them. Because I knew we would come back I said the same thing, nothing goes up there and thankfully nothing has…because neither of us could now get up there to retrieve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone is getting very grumpy about the whole business and it isn't me!

      Delete
  3. It is amazingly hard to convince some entities that one of their customers has indeed died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember being asked if I could put my late father on the phone. My brother offered to fly his ashes to Hong Kong when they wanted him there in person!

      Delete
  4. When I was a kid I had a dog who was terrified of a blow-dryer. So I understand Murphy's reaction!

    That letter is appalling. Good Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the high pitched sound they make.
      We had an awful time with a newspaper when we put in mum's death notice. My brother sent off a very angry email which was replied to with the sign off - have a nice day.

      Delete
  5. Poor Murphy. A cuddle or two will make him feel better I’m sure.
    It’s amazing how much stuff we can collect. Scary actually. Yarn and fabrics obvious don’t count

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. They are decorative items and essential for mental health.

      Delete
  6. You have sent me into a tizzy over what to do with all my junk. Not expecting to move any time soon but, who knows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After cleaning out both sets of parents' houses (the inlaws had lived there since '68 and never threw anything away) we are determined to live as trimmed down as possible!

      Delete
  7. I wish someone would send me to a groomer for a good pampering. You might hear me whimpering too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His dog equivalent of pubic hair was very matted. No wonder he whimpered!

      Delete
  8. It's a silly letter but I suppose the cancellation went ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How many external hard drives does one person need? Depends on what they are used for. I know someone who has more than a dozen and has them filled with movies and TV series, so if anyone says have you seen xxx and is it good? She can give them a copy on a usb which that person has to supply, they're not cheap. I myself have one with just Christmas movies on it, one with regular movies and one with several complete seasons of various TV series. Another one has all my computer files backed up on it. My retirement plan was to park my bum in my TV chair and just watch everything. Didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete