Saturday, 27 May 2023

Scam

Yesterday I learned the joys of scammers on marketplace. I usually give stuff away but had some stools that were virtually new.

This is just one example ...




 I did sell them to a lovely lady from Australia! And the dresser went today.

Our hard rubbish goes out this weekend and the scavengers are out in force.

We have the neighbours over for pizza shortly so will love and leave you.

17 comments:

  1. I so am over scammers. Seriously get a life and a job like the rest of us.
    How was pizza? I hope you had a lovely night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me even more reluctant to sell stuff on marketplace. I don't think they are even in Australia

      Delete
  2. How kind of you to make your neighbours pizzas for dinner, or did you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried to sell anything online since the failure of my oversized older style TV/storage cabinet, I dropped the price several times but no one wanted it. I couldn't even give it away to the Salvos!
    I am making pizza tomorrow, probably one for dinner and one for the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is so fussy these days.
      I will get back into making my own pizza once we have moved.

      Delete
  4. Lol to the answer to scammers! Love how you keep your humour through all this. Pizza and wine I presume, or gin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How incredible that you are going to sell your stools to a lady from Australia! Amazing! By the way, are your stools brown?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't understand that at all? Who said what? Who is the scammer? It's not clear at all sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My comments in purple. The scammer is the name in some foreign language!

      Delete
  7. Will you have enough furniture for the rental?
    Haven’t had pizza for a while- will have to remedy that soon. Chippy is closed on Mondays so that might be the night. Buy of course….don’t think I’d make it did you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of furniture. The dresser was never coming with us. It was way too big and we don't have a bar down there so won't need the stools.

      Delete
  8. You are definitely getting close to moving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This time in 4 weeks I will be down in the rental permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! That's awesome. Scammers are a sad fact of life when selling furniture. Usually they just want to harvest your e-mail address or phone number and sell it on.

    ReplyDelete