Sunday, 28 May 2023

Sunday.

Last night was great fun. The neighbours are considerably younger than us and his son and daughter came along as well (one is in high school and one at uni). The dogs were made a fuss of. Max didn't disappear and indeed, tolerated a stroke or two. Pizzas were eaten and wine was drunk. It was a really lovely evening. Typical. Just as we are about to leave the area we make the sort of friends we could do this with on a regular basis!

Another few boxes and I think I will have packed as much up as I can for now. 

Himself has just about got the garage sorted. Another couple of tip runs should see it through. 

And then we sit and twiddle our thumbs waiting for the move!

Three and his lot popped over yesterday. Sally was looking at the for sale board out the front. It has photos of the back garden, the kitchen, the formal lounge and the top room which has the bar. She said "here is the back yard, here is the kitchen, here is a living space and here is the winery".

My kind of kid.


7 comments:

  1. The Winery! I love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a four month settlement period for our Balaclava house before we moved here. It felt like forever. We certainly twiddled our thumbs. It felt like we were in suspended animation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the name Sally for a small girl. It's a little old-fashioned now. Still on names, it's surprising that you named your sons One, Two and Three. I guess the idea seemed kind of quirky at the time but I am sure they would have appreciated proper names like Tom, Dick and Harry. Perhaps not the middle one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's exactly what happens with new friendships when you're about to move. No danger of having to keep doing this, they're leaving! I've noticed this is how holiday friendships work, too. Fun and temporary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, at least you had one good meet-up with the old neighbors. I hope you can make new friends from the get-go in your new community.
    Sally is obviously a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your raising a very clever little girl.
    You’ll make new friends I’m sure. The waiting is always the hardest

    ReplyDelete