Wednesday, 31 May 2023

Done



I got to the hospital at 6.45, was in theatre at around 8.45 and was discharged at 9.45. Not bad for a day's work!
It was a very interesting experience. Lots of drops to dilate the pupil, something fancy to disable the eye and the procedure itself was painless. Some gentle sedative which didn't put me to sleep but calmed me down. 
As the anaesthetic has worn off my eye is a bit itchy but panadol takes care of that.
I keep the shield on until I see the surgeon in the morning and then just wear it at night to protect the eye. 
I have spent the day listening to podcasts as trying to use one eye is challenging. I am touch typing here so hopefully it makes sense!

In other news, as I was sitting in recovery having my cuppa tea and a sandwich the agent rang. Finance has been approved. We can go unconditional.

A good day all round.

And no, I am not trying to emulate the great orange one - they washed my face with betadine.
 

14 comments:

  1. Glad that it is over for you.....didn't I tell you it would be OK ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touch typing good all perfectly readable :-) That op sounds pretty straight forward. Glad it is over for you. Take care , Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very glad it went off well. Now the second one won't be as intimidating. I made some hilarious typos during that one eyed period!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was super fast! Glad it's done. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wasn't so bad after all, was it. Glad you are doing OK. Congrats.
    Smile sweetheart. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nawwww your looking a tad sad. But it’s all over now and in a few days you will be so much better. Congratulations on going unconditional

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad it's over - until the other one! I have still to face this procedure and it probably won't be far off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh you were in and out like grease lightning - great to hear it all went well. Bet you noticed the difference when the eye shield came off. Now to take life slowly and enjoy the relief you’re feeling from two successes in one day

    ReplyDelete
  9. R's sister had this done while we were staying and with three days it was all ok. Even with Betadine, you still look better than the Orange One.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't forget to use sunglasses, it becomes very bright, at least that is what I found when I had mine done. Even now after a couple of years. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic. I don't feel so bad for when it's my turn now. I like the idea of a sedative! Great about going unconditional too... is that for your new home or the people buying yours?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds quite reassuring to me. What is the follow up treatment? Another blogger mentioned weeks and weeks of daily eye drops in the US. Hooray for unconditional! Full steam ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "The great orange one" -- LOL!

    ReplyDelete