Wednesday, 24 May 2023

Nearly there.

Today I got the quote from the anaesthetist. All up I will be out of pocket around $1550 for both cataract surgeries. $1000 for the surgeon, $300 for the sleepy bloke and $250 excess on our health insurance. Not bad, eh?

I planted the lettuce, carrots and peas for the new owners. Well, the little boy, really. Pretty sure we saw the wife do a drive by earlier. I am sure they will do that regularly until they move in. We did.

I packed up all my summer clothes and some of my winter stuff. I have another load to take to the op shop. Stuff I like but never wear. Not worn in 6 years? To the op shop! 

I popped into the local hairdresser to see if she could tidy me up. I looked around at who was in the salon, looked at the hairdresser and decided I will try elsewhere. I don't need much done but I also don't want to look like those women in the salon!

Yes, I am struggling for something to talk about right now. I am still a bit zonked with all that is going on. 

I feel as if I am just about to reach the summit of a very steep, rocky mountain and then I can launch myself off and roll all the way down the sweet, grassy slope on the other side.

There will be other challenges once we have moved but we won't have the "must dos" hanging over our heads.

It doesn't help that my anxiety is creeping up. I know why but it doesn't help the feeling.

18 comments:

  1. Hey Sparkling, I noticed yesterday you were buying sunglasses. Are you not a regular wearer of them? I’m really surprised at the number of people who don’t wear them for eye health from UV rays alone. Many years ago I had a pterygium removed from my eye, excruciating pain. I drive tennis players for the AO and I’d say only 1% get in the car with sunglasses. Hope your surgery goes well. Marie, Cheltenham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have sunnies but they're prescription so I needed to get normal lenses. I agree with you, not enough people wear them. Silly people.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the cataract info. I'll be sure to keep enough in my bank account for when the time comes. Take a few minutes here and there to sit with your feet up and eyes closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to seeing what our health fund pays out!

      Delete
  3. I know you must be SO ready to move...and yes, do a bit more resting.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing changes does it - I had similar fees to pay when I had mine done. So so worth it rather than go on the public list. And yes the sunnies are a necessity, mine get worn each day, summer and winter. Lighting in large shopping centres can ‘strobe’ so I might look odd but they get worn there as well as driving in the rain.
    After the first op I asked the staff at the opticians to take the lens out of the now good eye side of my specs. That way I could wear them - needed for ‘bad’ eye but not good one😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not "odd", Cathy, COOL!!
      I will pop the lens out and see if it works. Now I will look odd walking around with a lens in only one side of my glasses but if it helps I will do it.

      Delete
  5. Just breathe and have a gin. Works for me.
    Hope you liked your haircut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get it done. Still trying to find someone who won't stuff it up.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety. I hope it's a small event and ebbs quietly away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live with it every day. Some days it pokes its head up more than others.

      Delete
  7. I'm not surprised your anxiety is creeping up. All this change is a lot to manage! As you said, it will be over soon and then you'll be smooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always struggled with change - even good change. But this is nearly over and then we can start to explore our new surrounds.

      Delete
  8. Not a bad price, I had to pay more because I went to a private clinic. Did not have any sleepy guy, I was fine without it.
    I hope anxiety subsides soon, so many things to think about all at once.
    I note you have left two comments that do not show up on my blog? Others do, not sure what that is all about.
    Answer to you comment I was a young Mum, it was hard at the time, so glad now, as I was able to enjoy my children, grandchildren and now great grands.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, blogger plays silly buggers with comments.
      I do feel as if I am juggling a few balls at the moment but all will be worth it.

      Delete
  9. 18* is pleasant, however, it all depends on the wind direction and how strong it is. We do get up to the low 30's*C in Summer, however, we live between two lakes Erie and Huron, lots of humidity from them which makes even the high 20's*C very uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Low 30s is OK but I couldn't cope with the humidity.

      Delete