Friday, 16 October 2009

Friday - where did it go?

I got up this morning with intention of going to gym then picking Two up and taking him to show me the watch he and the boys were thinking of getting Himself for his 60th.

I finally got out of the house (left my water on the bench ... back upstairs and down to the car: left my mobile phone upstairs so back up and down and then found something in the back that Three had asked me to leave for him so back to the front door again) only to get a phone call from Himself to say that the railway gates were stuck down and we couldn't get across.  The only downside of where we live is the need to cross the railway line at least once and usually twice.  So I went to take the loooooong way to the gym, rang my PT and told him what was happening and we decided to can today's session.  I ring Two and arranged to meet him on this side of the river (where he lives you need to cross the railway twice) and nipped home for a quick shower.  I collected Two as planned and off we went.  The traffic was horrendous.  Himself rang whilst we were in the car and I was able to say that Two had rung me for a lift as the trains weren't working.  We went to Southland and he showed me the watches they were thinking of.  And he ended up getting a different one that was even more expensive.  He will be out of pocket as the others can't put in as much but Two really wants his Dad to have a classy watch with a "WOW" factor.  The one he's chosen is a Longine classic in stainless steel and it looks fabulous.

Then I drove Two to work and came back this way to the butcher.  Then went and bought a stainless steel chain and cufflinks for Himself but still want to get him something else.  He has no idea what he would like so I'm stumped.  I'll go and get some cologne on Sunday and suggest that we book a weekend away somewhere soon.  Hopefully seeing all his boys together tomorrow will be the big thing for his birthday.

It's now late afternoon.  Three is home and I feel I've accomplished sweet FA.

So I'm going to sit on the couch and continue the theme!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...sweet FA eh? I might join you in that. In fact... I'm probably way ahead of you! I didn't cook dinner, and now I am going to have a wee drink. So there! LOL
    Have a great weekend chick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I love sweet FA! Especially from the couch in front of a dvd or six. :D

    ReplyDelete