Yesterday we pottered about. Himself is planning on getting his first tattoo (a week before he turns 60!!) and we went out to pick up the drawing only the bloke wasn't there so he's going back today. Then, seeing as we were out that way, we popped into check out the new Doncaster. OK, it's been open a while but I haven't been there. It's awesome. The old shoppingtown was very tired and reminiscent of the 70s but this one is all sparkly and shiny and new with some very nice shops.
It was obvious that Himself was in go, go, go mood and I was very much in a sitonmyarseanddojackshit mood. So I mentioned that I wanted some sort of inserts in the walk in wardrobe thinking that would give him something to think about and research. What I didn't expect was for him to go to Bunnings and come home with a couple of shoe shelves which were meant to solve all my problems. And then he proceeded to toss all my clothes out of the wardrobe, fold them and put them back in neat, sorted piles. Now, I know this sounds all helpful and thoughtful but it DID MY HEAD IN!! The majority of those clothes don't fit. Many still have price tags on and I have been plucking the courage to do a clean out/try on and get things looking more reasonable. But, as most women will understand, you have to be in the right head space for something like that. I don't need a pile of 15 or so pairs of pants/jeans of which maybe 2 or 3 fit. Ditto every other type of clothing. Except shoes!!
Daylight saving started today. I don't like losing an hour's sleep and I don't like the fact the government in its wisdom has decided that we will have 6 months on and 6 months off. I was quite happy with daylight saving starting at the end of October and ending in March. I know the days have started to get longer but the Spring equinox was only a couple of weeks ago. another month and it would start to feel like summer is round the corner. On the positive side, Himself and I have no excuse to not get out and walk when we get home from work! Yes, I can be contrary.
And now I will go and make another cup of tea and sit. Cos I can.
tell me about friggin clothes that don't fit! shit on it.
ReplyDeleteyes snow!
and yes... just a few drinkees! yum yum.. so bad for me...but Stew will get lucky no doubt....ha ha ha!
Send me your address and I will send you some of that paua material. Not a problem.
ReplyDeleteOh Cazza I have missed you. You have been posting like crazy and I have been a terrible blog friend and not stopping by. Glad the thing on your nose turned out benign. Feel better and keep on updating and I promise I will be around more often xoxox
ReplyDelete