Sunday, 22 November 2009

RAIN!

After a couple of very warm to hot weeks a cool change came through on Friday and today it's bucketing down.   The courtyard is flooded - we need to get someone to come and have a look at it and make some suggestions.  We have always lived in areas with sandy soil and although we are only a kilometer or so from the beach the soil here is very clay like and we're not sure what to do with it!  I'm guessing we need some serious drainage.  I'd be happy to have less garden and more pots.

Himself was in Sydney overnight Friday and caught an earlier flight home so got back just after I finished the boxing session.  He persevered through the day on no sleep and finally succumbed in front of the telly just after dinner.  We have no plans for today and it's rather nice just flopping around the place listening to the rain.  We have a hard rubbish collection this week so he will need to get a wriggle on at some stage and put stuff out on the nature strip.  We've only been here 12 months so there shouldn't be too much!

I am still not over the work thing.  I have to get another medical certificate this week which I'm not looking forward to as I'll have to go through it all again.  Last night I had a most unsettling dream about the place and what had happened which left me feeling very down when I woke up.  Also, a conversation with an ex-colleague (who has become a friend so we will stay in touch) indicates that the boss seems to think that I'm the only one with a problem.  Hopefully she will come to understand that the whole department is on the brink of melt down if she doesn't change things.  I don't think she will ever have that insight so it's up to higher management to keep an eye on things and I really can't see that happening.

OK.  I've spent enough time here and it's time I went and did something constructive!  Cross stitching here I come.

We are having our ensuite ripped up AGAIN tomorrow (3rd time lucky) and that will be noisy.  Hopefully the sewing room with the door shut and my iPod LOUD will be a sanctuary.

2 comments:

  1. Lol. Hopefully you survived the ensuite refurb with ears intact.

    Oh, cross stitch! I haven't done any for sooooo long. I'm waiting till I get my new glasses before I take it up again. No point trying to work that when you can't see the holes in the aida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's with our ensuite!
    Hope your courtyard is no longer flooded.
    And bloody hell girl, you are going to be busy over Christmas!
    We are only having one get together and that will be enough for me!
    The bags.. I don't know what's happening with them, my SIL's Gallery is not well patronised as yet.. it's on a coastal road which only gets heavy traffic in summer. If they don't sell there I will try selling them on my blog! lol

    ReplyDelete