Saturday, 11 September 2021

Acceptance Commitment Therapy

 


I love this cartoon. It embodies what I was taught when I did a course in ACT. It really does work to accept and embrace all your emotions - especially the negative ones. It tones down the anxiety levels considerably. I just have to remember to practice it!

A better day today. I took Andrew's sage advice and doubled the gin and halved the tonic! Coupled with a very nice red with our gourmet snags and I went to bed very early and slept like a log.

Himself has been buying berries a lot lately and blueberries seem to suddenly turn so I have a batch of blueberry muffins in the oven. I've not made blueberry muffins before and found a recipe online which has a crumble topping and the house smells divine. If it works I have found my new go to recipe as I imagine it would work for many fruits and is so easy to whip up. It also doesn't make a huge amount which is a bonus when there's only two of us.

I have done some internet shopping (skin care products from Moogoo for me and the hounds) and will have a look at some cotton for weaving. This afternoon I will start a new weaving project which looks fiddly so will take some concentration which is always a good thing.

Himself has gone to buy steak for dinner (another bottle of red, yay!) and maybe some prawns to have with the avocado which is nicely ripe. 

Today is a good day.

1 comment:

  1. It wouldn't be the first time I have corrupted someone.

    It does sound like a good, and productive day. Have a nice and relaxing evening.

    ReplyDelete