Friday, 17 September 2021

Sprung!

I was sitting in my pyjamas (comfy qantas business class jammies thanks to Two who works for qantas - I have never flown business class nor am I ever likely to) as the clock ticked closer to midday and I started entertaining thoughts about shower and getting dressed. To my horror the door bell rang and it obviously wasn't the postie. A masked figure was visible through the flyscreen carrying a couple of brown paper bags. It was a good friend who had made some soft toys for Alice and Sally and had also brought me some scrap yarn for weaving. Phew! but even so, there are some things even close friends shouldn't be subjected to and me in my jammies at lunch time is right up there.

Himself had taken the dogs to the park and I was faffing around on my computer which is how I spend waste too many hours these days.

Needless to say I am now showered and dressed and the door bell will remain silent.

Last night Himself made the best fried rice ever. Way too much was eaten but it was so good I couldn't stop. He has gone to Aldi to get their marinated chicken breasts which we shall have with Aldi spuds and peas. And wine. I made another batch of muffins yesterday but the pinger thingy didn't ping so they were a tad dry. I'll try microwaving them with some butter otherwise the dogs can have a treat. I grated apple into them instead of blueberries and that might have added to the dryness - should have added more liquid. I cannot believe I am waffling on about muffins. And dry ones at that. I think a coffee is in order and some knitting whilst I listen to ABC conversations on podcast.

Could my day get any more mundane!

1 comment:

  1. I am appalled at your slackness. I am always showered and dressed by 11 at the latest. Fried rice is the only thing I still cook.

    https://highriser.blogspot.com/2015/03/icook.html

    ReplyDelete