Vika and Linda's new album The Wait is amazing. This is one of my favourite tracks as much for the lyrics as anything else (the clip takes you on a mini tour of St Kilda which is worth seeing). The songs were written by a variety of talented people and there is a huge variety of styles but all make for great listening. I have been a fan of these two since I first heard them singing with Joe Camilleri. They sang on the great ABC* series Rockwiz. They did regular Sunday performances on line during last years lock down and released an album of the songs. They are lovely people and great musicians.
Australia really does have some outstanding musical talent.
As Molly Meldrum would say "Do yourself a favour"
*As the ever wise Andrew pointed out, Rockwiz was on SBS - not the ABC.
I am not so much into music but I do recognise talent when I see it and the pair are very talented. I'll watch the clip especially to see St Kilda images. Btw, RocKwiz was on SBS. Julia was fabulous and Brian good too.
ReplyDeleteI'd never heard of them but it's a good song. I'm really into lyrics too -- I see no point of listening to a song that means nothing to me :)
ReplyDelete