Tuesday, 21 September 2021

With love

I am a member of several Facebook groups that cater to my yarn based hobbies. Recently I read a post in reply to someone saying they were not enjoying their current project (I can't find it so will have to paraphrase). The person replying cited a native american belief that what you think and feel as you create something will be felt by the recipient/wearer of your creation so always create with love.

I have experienced quite a bit of self loathing of late (I went down a very dark hole late last week and am surprised I am still here - but that is a post I am still writing in my head as I feel it needs to be said). Anyway, my point here is that over the past few weeks I have tried on umpteen occasions to knit a simple top for me to wear in summer. I just couldn't do it. I hated the yarns, I dropped stitches, I definitely wasn't feeling the love. I really enjoy knitting but this just wasn't doing it for me. Himself loves the jumper I knitted for him earlier this year and I planned another one for next winter. On Thursday I jumped on line to my favourite yarn store which is off limits at the moment and bought some yarn which arrived yesterday. Last night I started knitting his jumper and it is such a delight to work on.

I guess it really does make a difference when you create with love and love the person you are creating for.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting point. I hope you are ok now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are doing better. As a long-time knitter (60 plus years since I first learned at 5), I've found that sometimes the problem is the pattern isn't right for the yarn. There's been times when I've cast on 3 different patterns for a yarn before I found the right one. It's a joy (as you've found) to have a pattern and yarn that sing together!

    ReplyDelete