Amy was admitted to hospital last night to start the process of inducing labour. It is certainly a more gentle approach than a couple of generations ago. She is bored and frustrated and the hospital is understaffed and over patiented. Three will be in for an interesting time as a frustrated Amy is not a pretty sight!! Hopefully things will kick off soon and Alice will make her entrance in a timely fashion. I can't wait to meet her but have no idea when that will be as no visitors to hospital and they are outside our 5km limit. If she goes to stay with her parents for a couple of days we might be able to sneak an illegal visit as they are a couple of kms away from us.
Our numbers keep rising and we get vague hints about vaccination targets and release from lockdown but no one can really say when this will end and what the beginning of the end will even look like.
The blueberry muffins were a success. The recipe made 6 and I shall make them again. Not exactly helpful in weight reduction but sod it.
My new weaving project is time consuming but very rhythmic and relaxing. The end result will be a couple of table mats and then I will tackle something a bit larger. I really want to get more yarn but I have so much in my stash I really need to use that first which limits me a bit in what I can make. Still, I'm lucky to have a hobby that gets the creative juices flowing.
The latest on the garage door is that we are quietly hopeful it will be installed in the next few weeks. Himself will then withdraw his complaint to Consumer Affairs. In October we will get a new driveway which will make the place look much better. I then want to plant some trees in the back garden and turn in from lawn and beds into more of a bush block. Easier to maintain and a bit more dog proof. I just need to be able to get to a nursery so I can buy the plants. And some vege seedlings for my tubs which I will have to put in the front as Jinx can climb onto them and dig them up. But until lockdown is lifted it's all academic.
My ex sister in law received a permit to visit her son when he and his wife had a new baby. It was to help support them when they were struggling with their first baby, which I don't really think was true. That was travel from Langwarrin to Torquay.
ReplyDeleteWe are building a backlog of the things we need; clothes, a balcony plant, some power devices and most of all, haircuts.