Thursday, 23 September 2021

And on life goes.

Our vaccination rates are heading in the right direction and I think (if I can understand PollySpeak) we should be looking at leaving lockdown in another month or so. We might get some minor relief in the interim. I really can't keep up with what we can and can't do so tend to play it safe. The outrageous behaviour of the construction industry could see all this blown right out the window. I think the image below says it all.


We popped in to see the new family yesterday. We picked up some pies from an excellent bakery and dropped them off so you could argue it was care giving. And it was within our new (woohoo) 10km zone. Alice is very jaundiced and Amy needs to see a lactation consultant as Alice might need a lip tie resected. Sally had the same and the scream of that poor baby when the doctor injected the local still makes my skin crawl. Hopefully they can avoid that path.

I am still fragile but the desperate actions of last week appear to have no long term effect. It needed a few days to be sure. 

When I picked up the pies yesterday I asked the owner of the flower shop in the same space if she would be interested in selling some of my woven table runners. Not on consignment or anything - just a donation and if they sell she keeps whatever she makes. The company has an amazing philosophy. Whilst I am an atheist and have a strong aversion to people trying to change my thinking* I admire the way these people put their religious beliefs into practice with not a word about god things. They are a registered charity and work with organisations giving opportunities to people who would otherwise not get them. Their slogan is "We don't give opportunities to people to make Coffee, Food and Flowers; We make Coffee, Food and Flowers to give opportunities to people!" There should be more like this. Their coffee and food is amazing and the flowers are fresh and beautiful. Sharon said she would be happy to take whatever I can give her so it gives me a reason to keep weaving.

*I am getting letters addressed to Dear Neighbour from the local JW lot. I guess they can't door knock under lockdown. Must cost them a fortune in postage but like most religious groups who prey on the vulnerable they aren't short of a quid. Next time I shall return to sender/not known at this address!!


2 comments:

  1. It is a good cartoon. While many people have been without an income, for the Covid 18 month period most construction workers have been working and earning a good income.

    I hope the lactation expert is nicer than the horrible woman who we saw attending to our oldest niece in FKN hospital when she had her first. Criticise a first time mother to tears?

    You should give the local shop a name. It sounds like it should be publicised.

    As a religious organisation, I don't expect JW would pay any tax, but if it did, the postage cost would be tax deductible. The religious tax rorting needs to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly that has been our experience with some nurses. Poor Amy was told that she was experiencing post natal depression by a nurse on an after hours number but no details were taken or was she followed up. FKN has both excellent and appalling reputations.

    ReplyDelete