Saturday, 1 January 2022

2022 here we come

 


We watched a movie last night and I was in bed by 11.30. There were fireworks but we can't see them from where we are and the dogs weren't fazed so all good there.

It's another hot day today so hanging around in the coolth of the air-conditioning. I will do some weaving and Himself is down in the garage doing something.


And while he was pottering in the garage he found the wallet. Where he told me it absolutely couldn't have been.

I finished a scarf and have started another. The YarnCafe sell on consignment and said they will take my work so I might be able to make a bit of money to keep my addiction funded.

I am also going to look at doing a certificate 2 and 3 in Auslan. Not sure if I will be able to claim a concession as I already have a degree but a phone call will sort that out. If I can do it, it will mean I won't have to keep pretending to look looking for work. I will never be one of those people standing beside the pollies but if I can volunteer to work with the deaf I will be happy.

Himself and I weighed ourselves and measured our waists bellies. Chicken and salad for dinner tonight. With a glass or two of wine. Softly softly catchee monkey.

8 comments:

  1. Does a new year resolution have to start on the first? I haven't started mine yet. Maybe next week, or the one after. R knows a little Auslan and I learnt from him the action for making coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a little but I really want to learn more about the grammar etc. I think it should be taught in schools along with CPR. But what would I know.

      Delete
  2. Why oh why do they not listen to us
    Oh well. Keep that in the vault so next time you can say. Remember the wallet lol
    No resolutions here. I’ll just try and do my best everyday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, I keep asking him where his wallet is! At least his identity wasn't stolen which was his big fear as it had all the cards necessary.

      Delete
  3. Same here, didn't manage to stay up until midnight but had my celebratory fizzy drink today instead. It still tasted good. No resolutions but I plan to have a "dry" January, once I have drunk all the booze in the house which may take a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just in time for February then Chris? Feb is always better to be dry as it's the shortest month of the year!

      Delete
  4. Hello, I popped over from Chris' blog.

    Oh that cartoon hits too close to home, which is why I don't make resolutions as a rule. I should make a resolution to get back to a second course in sign language as well. Hubby and I did an online course before the pandemic, and then wasted the perfect opportunity to keep working on while locked down. That might be my biggest regret of the past 2 years.

    Is your degree in a related or unrelated field? If that is not too nosy a question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susanne. My degree is in nursing. So unless I am registered (which I no longer am) it is totally useless!! I find with sign language it really is use it or lose it.

      Delete