We had a fantastic day at craft today. B, who we met at Little Woollies on Tuesday, came along and I showed her my loom. She bought a loom and accessories while we were there. Gotta love online shopping. Then she fell in love with some yarn K was using and promptly went to Spin a Yarn to buy some in preparation for her new loom. I hope there is stock on hand! She got on so well with everyone. It's lovely to see people click over craft. Amy brought my THREE adult bibs. They are all R18 (language) and everyone thought they were very funny. Of course, I didn't spill anything today, did I?
Sally and Alice came. Sally was soooo excited to be there. She was her usual outgoing self and charmed everyone. It was lovely to hear comments on her excellent manners.
I have had my enrolment interview and am now in the process of doing the last online bit. I am champing at the bit to get this done and they are taking their time getting back to me. Or the computer is as I was assured it's an automatic thing. Fingers crossed I will be starting on Monday evening.
I have mentioned before about the bloody Indian Myna birds coming into the house. Himself bought a rope curtain to hang at the back door to, hopefully, keep them out. It looks quite good.
The cooking pot is the dogs' water bowl.
We should get our first delivery of kitchen stuff tomorrow. I am hoping to go to Spin a Yarn for an hour or 3 in the afternoon with my crafty mates. I shall judge the atmosphere here first as I have been out of the house a fair bit this week. I am in the process of cleaning up my study in readiness for getting the new computer up and running.
Steak and salad for dinner and a strawberry panacotta for dessert (courtesy of Aldi).
Hopefully that works to keep not only the birds but the flys out
ReplyDeleteAlthough we don’t seem to have as many this year for some reason
Cos they're all over here!!
DeleteWe used to call them streamers that were hung at the door. Yours are heavyweight and will keep anything out, except for quokkas that have to be stopped by a low fence. No danger of quokka invasion here, and no chance of visiting WA to see them.
ReplyDeleteI put my foot down at the red white and blue strips that used to grace milk bars.
ReplyDeleteYou seem to have steak fairly frequently. I can't remember the last time I had steak, it certainly wasn't any time recently although I do like it. It's very expensive here. A rib steak, which I like, is about $15 although it would do me two meals at least.
ReplyDeleteWe are very fortunate to have excellent beef here for a fairly reasonable price. Don't get me wrong, we are luckier than a lot of people. We are also quite fussy - ok very fussy - and our steak has to be well marbled so we often go for a while without eating it but when it's available we make the most of it. And it's great in summer on the bbq with a salad.
Delete