Thursday, 27 January 2022

Better get in quickly

After my brain fart yesterday which saw my blog being posted today I thought I'd better get in early as I have my Auslan course this evening.

It was lovely seeing Three and Alice. She was a gem. The only time she cried was when she was hungry and that was easily fixed. She was happy to lie on her play mat or in her bouncer and after a couple of inquisitive sniffs and licks the dogs were happy to leave her alone. Jinx was never far away in case she was needed as obviously we have no idea how to look after our puppies! Three and I got to talking about Himself's family history and we spent ages looking over old documents from the war. Amy's mum is a genealogist so we will take them to her to see what she thinks about them.

Sally had a ball at Frozen. She was an exhausted wee girl when they came to pick Three and Alice up.

I have spent most of the day reading for my course. I did get a phone call from South East Trees (that's who my phone said it was) but it was a hospital calling about a job I had applied for! Apparently there is an issue with Samsung and the caller recognition thingy. The panel shop where Himself's car was fixed comes up as a Chinese restaurant. During the Great Storm of '21 we tried ringing the SES (State Emergency Service for non-Melbournites) and it came up as Dan's Donuts. 

Tomorrow is craft day at L'arte. Always a fun time. 

I am now going to make a ham and salad roll to have before class starts.

Catch you tomorrow.


Sally running through the Carlton Gardens on her way to see Frozen.


8 comments:

  1. Sally was appropriately dressed and in tune with what every other young girl was wearing, our four included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally looks as if she is having a great time. Can you explain the course you are taking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat I am studying Auslan which is Australian sign language. It's something I have always wanted to learn.

      Delete
  3. Lovely to spend time with family, especially the grands. I used to babysit my youngest grandson but these days are long gone. In some ways I miss that close contact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely when they are young enough to get a kick out of visiting the oldies. We will be picking Sally up from school three days a week when her mum goes back to work. Special times.

      Delete
  4. I love having the granddaughters over. I don’t see the older two as often now
    Due to covid mainly and now having full schedules
    But I do have the youngest,Ana, twice a week. And I love seeing her grow and become her own person. But by the end of the day grandma is very tired lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best bit is handing them back and being able to go to bed knowing we won't be woken at some godforsaken hour. We've been there done that!

      Delete