Mother in law should be in theatre but we're not sure. The hospital have been wonderful with their contact with us but as it's mainly me I am a bit wrung out. So many calls about pacemaker, delirium, anaesthetic risk and so on and we can't visit her which is heart breaking.
A few of us went to the yarn cafe's devonshire tea. It was packed which was great. Especially as it looks as if we have restrictions again. Which we were told wouldn't happen.
Some famous tennis dude has had his visa cancelled cos he didn't meet our border requirements. Or something. The world is horrified. I am pleased that the rules have been enforced but I am damn sure some court will overturn it. And people will flock to the tennis and this damn virus will keep spreading. But small businesses will continue to suffer as they aren't front and centre of the media. I am mightily pissed off.
I have applied for the Auslan course. I had to sit an online English and Maths test. I took a call from Frankston Hospital during the English test which blew my time out. Hopefully that won't count against me. The maths test? Holy Moly. Trigonometry? Pi? I did remember the square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the opposite two sides! And piRsquared being the area of a circle. My father would be proud.
My new phone has arrived. It is still in its box. I want to enjoy the unboxing. And I am frantically trying to delete all the shit that keeps getting transferred from phone to phone!
It is now dinner and wine time. Here is a picture of my hair ..

I fear we will get locked down again in the winter.
ReplyDeleteThere is not way they will be able to cope with all the numbers The hospitals are almost at breaking point now.
Love the hair
The numbers are frightening. I have no idea what they plan to do. I don't think they do which is even more frightening.
DeleteTwice I have worked through my phone book deleting unwanted old phone numbers, but then they are also stored as Google contacts and Google just puts them right back. I couldn't be bothered anymore and gave up.
ReplyDeleteI am pleased my brain hasn't wasted space by storing what I learnt in trigonometry.
Your hair colour is similar to my mother's 'natural' colour.
I have had the same contacts listed 4 times. Drives me nuts. I hope you compliment your mother on her hair!
DeleteI can't comment on your newest post. It is something to with Robot Day verification tick. But I think if I post a comment here, I can then comment on your latest post. Testing my theory.
DeleteLove the 'do! I have been avoiding the hair salon as she is a bit lax about precautions. Plus the extra hair keeps my head warm enough so I don't have to wear a hat. Today was just -4C.
ReplyDeleteAs I sit here I have the fan blowing cool air across my head. Bliss.
DeleteThat’s sort of like a russet red colour isn’t it. Much better than a bright flaming red.
ReplyDeleteMy next cut (but no colour these days) is next week, thankfully the salon has been on the ball where covid has been concerned right from day one.
My clients - My responsibility - My livelihood - My reputation is her mantra
I see some restrictions are back in place today…I think ‘ lockdown’ was what isn’t going to happen again….might be wrong tho’
Cathy it was bright pink! Washes out quickly although I think the greys might grab it a bit more. I have a friend who comes to my house and does it. It will be a while before I feel comfortable going back into a salon. I think we will have the Clayton's lockdown. They wouldn't dare call it that but it may as well be.
DeleteOne thing about this covid stuff? I quit dying my hair. It is gray now and much to my surprise it works. That tennis player is a whiner. I am a winer too. Pass that bottlè.
ReplyDeleteI wish my hair would go grey. I only put the pink in for a bit of fun. Otherwise I am au naturel. Passing the bottle!
Delete