Wednesday, 19 January 2022

Kitchen and stuff

Hooray. After a lot of faffing about we finally have a kitchen plan. Basically today was back to square one. Himself had drawn up the kitchen and the online planner helped us fine tune it and has given us a quote. I have made an appointment for Saturday afternoon to go in and finalise the whole thing and hopefully get a rough idea of when we can expect delivery. There is a global shortage of the panels we want. Of course there is. And the microwave? Who knows. 

No word from the ACF to date (it's 2pm as I write this). I guess no news is good news.

I have baked a batch of biscuits and have pizza dough in the fridge for dinner tonight.

It is now after 5 so I have a wine in hand. I have warped up my next project. One of the ladies at craft bought yarn and asked me to make her a scarf so that is my next task. It will be interesting as I didn't have any say in the yarn and it's not really a colour combination I would have picked. 

Tomorrow I have the interview with the Auslan course. That fortnight flew by. It really depends on a) if there's a spot for me b) whether can I commit to two evenings a week basically for the rest of the year and c) whether centrelink will cut me any slack. But the place in the course is the main hurdle.

It has been warm and windy today. Not very pleasant and the foreseeable forecast isn't much better. Warm humid nights coming up. 


As you may be aware I am a messy eater. I have ruined I don't know how many tops by spilling food down my front. Usually egg or something oily. I told Amy I needed an adult bib. She came up with this. The words say "Adulting bullshit". 






Friday craft lunch will be a hoot. I will order eggs just cos I can.


8 comments:

  1. I have a couple of friends who need adult bibs
    Might make some for a laugh lol
    Hopefully your kitchen doesn’t take long
    There are shortages for everything right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall post a picture when I get it. I think they are a great idea as we no longer have napkins/serviettes big enough to catch anything. Just need to get them to catch on!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a good step forward for the kitchen has been made, no doubt a relief.
    You might really enjoy the Auslan course, and even find employment while using it, part time of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, I am in two minds about the course. I will find out this afternoon. It's a huge time commitment but I'm sure I would love it.

      Delete
  3. I know a person (Hubby) who could use a bib, don't think it would go over very well though.
    Hope your kitchen doesn't take too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you made it to 5:00 for a drink. I often struggle with that. However, in winter, "the sun is over the yardarm" earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's a struggle to get to 5pm. Lordy, if I had to wait until the sun was over the yardarm at the moment would be pushing 8pm. Impossible!

      Delete