Tuesday, 18 January 2022

Mother in law is stable. We think. It's so hard to understand the nurses at the facility. The phones are still out so we are speaking to people for whom English is not their first language on their own mobile phones with poor reception. This has been going on for well over a week. 

K, J and I went to Little Woolies. I gave K her scarf and made her cry. She wore it for the rest of the day and said it was like being wrapped in a loving hug. While we were sitting chatting in LW a lady came in and asked her if she had made it. It turns out this person, B, has always wanted to weave but didn't know how to get started. We invited her to join our group and I told her that if she comes along to one of our catch ups I would bring a loom for her to play with. The universe is always working to bring like minded souls together. Angela, she is also from Devon Meadows!

I bought some cotton to make some placemats with. I have made some in the past but they are pretty rough as I used them to learn new patterns. I am hoping these will be good enough to use for company. Which means they will never get used!!!!

I posted a picture of the finished scarf on a facebook page for this type of weaving and had someone from Greece ask me how much it would cost! I told her AUD120 +postage and she said she would convert it to Euros and get back to me. Even if nothing comes of it I am a bit chuffed.

I drove K as she is still feeling a bit shabby and we had a lovely chat. She is going to recommend her GP to Amy and Three so hopefully they will get some decent medical care.

We will have to be up at sparrow's fart tomorrow as our online planning session with Ikea is at 9.30. Fingers crossed this time tomorrow we will have forked out a huge amount of money!

Himself has gone to the supermarket to see what he can scavenge for dinner. It really is a case of whatever is available. I have some dough kneading so at least we will have bread. And wine. 



8 comments:

  1. We don't eat much bread... or pasta. When things get tough though (pandemic times) we will cook pasta and rice and potato. As you say it depends on what you have or can get. I've stocked up on some frozen veg for when they are too expensive or in short supply. It's hard to know what will happen over here when the shit hits the fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have frozen peas and stir fry veg but I much prefer fresh. We have 5 supermarkets within cooee and they are all struggling with supply.

      Delete
  2. I was in a supermarket yesterday, not a usual one, and there was enough meat of all cuts to feed thousands. I hope it went well with Ikea, and at least online means no hunting for an in store shortcut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, I haven't seen meat in the supermarkets for ages. Not even Aldi. The online appt went well. Will blog about it later today.

      Delete
  3. Good news on all fronts. Will you be watching the tennis? I caught some last night which is good as I wasn't sure if we would get it here. It was the first Tuesday match as you are as you are 15 hours (I think) ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, I'm not really a sports fan of any kind but I do see the highlights during the news. At least He Who Shall Not Be Named hasn't put a dampener on the event. If he thought he would be missed he is sadly mistaken!

      Delete
  4. It’s a small world
    And when you craft it’s even smaller
    Maybe we should have a meet up at convenient time and place and all learn from one another

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome to join our group and come to L'arte on Fridays.

      Delete