Saturday, 29 January 2022

Saturday stuff

 



It is so humid that the perspiration is stinging my eyes. My eyelids feel as if they have hot sand on them. I am grumpy.

That aside, today was our fortnightly L'arte Saturday get together. Fewer people than Fridays but a good bunch. Lot of chatter and we lost track of time. Went half and hour over but nobody seemed to mind. Amy and K have really hit it off. Amy suggested K go over for dinner at some point as Three is a bloody good cook. This makes me so happy.

Sally wowed everyone again but then tiredness hit and Daddy had to come and take her home. She starts school on Monday so some down time is probably a good idea.

Himself mowed the front lawn and weeded the rose garden. He has now gone to get dinner. I think I'll keep him.

Tomorrow I plan to spend a few hours on my course and some time weaving. 

Now, though, it's nearly wine o'clock.

10 comments:

  1. It felt deliciously cool outside here today but our building is still warm. We opened the balcony door and windows and gave the air con a rest day. A good day for you by the sound of it, in spite of humidity that we didn't have here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if being up high makes your humidity less. Or maybe I'm just a sook!

      Delete
  2. I’m like you. Do not handle the humidity at all
    The breeze today is lovely so I went out and picked lots of yummy food from the garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in a bit of a dip so tend to miss the breeze. I think it goes over the top of the house. It is more pleasant today, I must say.

      Delete
  3. I do hope it cools down a bit there soon. We are in winter over here in the US. I'm in Florida where summers are miserable like yours but tonight we have freeze warnings. I definitely think you should keep that hubby of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. After over 40 years I think he would be hard to replace! I wish we had freeze warnings here. We get the occasional frost but that's about it.

      Delete
  4. Just had to tell you how pleased I was to see Ash Barty win the tennis. Beating the American and not one middle European in sight. Brilliant!
    I didn't actually see the match as it was on well after my bedtime, but watched an abbreviated version on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were still hot here so look out in a days time! We had friends around for a long lunch but kept to the aircon bliss of the dining room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooooooooo!! Is your heat a dry heat?

      The long lunch in the air con sounds perfect.

      Delete