K is a lovely young woman who has had her share of shitiness in her life. She is very giving but finds it hard to accept affection or indeed anything positive - some people in her life have really done a number on her self esteem. When we were at the yarn cafe we chose some yarn for me to weave her a scarf but I decided she deserves some really beautiful yarn so I went to my favourite yarn shop and bought these. She wants a rainbow and I think she will get one. She deserves the biggest brightest rainbow I can find.
The yellow needs to be wound into a ball first. I have a ball winder and umbrella (the thing you put the hank on and it spins as you wind the ball). Normally the ends are easy to find. Today .....
Usually this is a challenge I would readily accept but I want to get started. After fiddling around I whined in our chat group and T came to the party. I dropped it off at her place and she is going to untangle it for me. All 400m of it. She says anything is better than housework!
It is unnerving how empty the supermarket shelves are. Our local Aldi had to close 3 hours early as they couldn't get staff. And the headlines in the papers? Effing tennis


Our Aldi wasn't too bad. Couldn't get lamb chops but I won't die without them and everything else was pretty normal.
ReplyDeleteTennis outrage has taken away the focus on the Federal Government's failings. Need I explain?
I think the supply chain for Aldi might be different to Coles and Woolies. We can get most things there - if the store isn't closed for lack of people!
DeleteAndrew, anyone would think there was an election in the wings.
I’ve been able to get what I need. Thank goodness
ReplyDeleteI hate untangling yarn. My daughter in laws sister loves it. So the last time she was here I gave her a project lol
I went to spotlight and got a few bits and bob's
Just in case they lock us down again. It’s a good excuse anyway
Angela it's the fruit and veg that seems to be missing in my local Coles. You'll be fine!! If you are ever in Hastings pop in to Little Woolie Makes in the High street. They have amazing yarn. Not cheap but oh so nice and the women in there are lovely. Or try Spin a Yarn in Thompson Road near Marriot Waters. Coffee and yarn. A match made in heaven!
DeleteI’ve been wanting to go to spin a yarn. I was waiting for the crowds to thin. But I think They will continue to have lots of customers so I might just bite the bullet and go
DeleteLet me know if you want to go and I can meet you there. Or you could join our craft and laughs group and come along on Friday at L'arte near Casey Race. PM me if you're interested.
DeleteJust realised you can't PM on blogger. Call it a senior moment! Just indicate if you want to and we can work something out.
DeleteToo much technology.
Please don't say you don't watch the tennis - I can't wait for it to start! I just hope it is shown here as the time difference makes it problematic.
ReplyDeleteGuilty, I'm afraid, Chris. I am not a sports fan of any description. I would rather watch paint dry.
DeleteFootball, rugby...yeh. Tennis...urgh. Apparently
Deleteour stores (as reported by husband at 11 am) are
still stocked. Long may it last!
See, I can't watch football, rugby or soccer as it makes no sense to me. To each his own, I guess!
Delete