Thursday, 13 January 2022

Tired

So far the only side effect from my booster is an overwhelming tiredness. I slept until noon and could easily have gone back to bed but didn't. I don't even have a sore arm to speak of. That, I believe, is often down to the technique of the nurse. I gave good injections.

The ACF rang. Mother in law is still in a lot of pain and bed bound. They are turning her regularly to avoid pressure areas. Someone is going out tomorrow from Peninsula Health (the health network that runs the hospital she was in) to do some rehab. She is still in isolation from the assumed covid contact so no visiting her yet. It will be interesting to see how her memory has been affected by this.

I have just got off the phone from The Mermaid. She is terribly lonely. She has a son and a daughter. The son is married with 3 kids and his in-laws are very controlling. The don't want the Mermaid involved in anything they do as a family. They went on a two week holiday at a beach resort and not only was The Mermaid not invited, it was made clear this was THEIR holiday time and she was not welcome. Not even for an afternoon to spend time with the grandkids. She voiced her pain to her son and they caught up for some mum and son time but it's a shame it had to come to that.

Last night we had sausages and mash. Himself makes the best mash ever. It is full of butter and cream! The sausages were Cumberland pork sausages as they were the only variety left on the shelf. They were so good he went and bought another couple of packets and we will have the same tonight but with onion gravy as well. I have a batch of dough on the go. Hopefully it will be ready in time for dinner. I will freeze most of it for other meals. An Aldi key lime pie for dessert and all is good in my world.

Tomorrow is our first craft day at L'arte. Unfortunately our numbers will be down with people isolating and dealing with other health issues. It will still be good to catch up and forget about the world for a few hours.


Another use for celery:



10 comments:

  1. It is good that ACF keeps you so well informed.

    Can you imagine why The Mermaid might be rejected?

    We've found Cumberland sausages are over rated, even in England. Last week we bought a huge tray of normal Aldi sausages and divided them up. That will see us through the famine we undergoing.

    I like the tomato soup recipe but hold the celery and extra voddy please.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, I think the other grandmother doesn't like sharing.
      I am fussy when it comes to sausages. It's more about the texture which is why I think I like the Cumberland ones.
      I think I would hold everything except the voddy!

      Delete
  2. Will have to see how the night progresses as far as my vaccination goes. Made it in time, short wait- little chat with dr, quick jab in the arm (new nurse didn’t feel a thing was surprised when she said All Done) Hopefully I’ll feel like a swim in the morning- if not I’ll laze the day away listening to the rain.
    Woolies do some ‘nice’ sausages, even their cheapies (bunnings bbq specials) are edible. Cumberlands are wasted on me though. Firstly they’re a bit too big and I’m not keen on pork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and who is The Mermaid- I must have missed the casting call

      Delete
    2. The Mermaid is a very old friend of ours. She has two adult children (boy and girl) and a bastard of an ex husband that she has nothing to do with anymore. With the lack of contact with anyone I haven't mentioned many people here for a long time!!
      Hope you're still feeling ok after your jab.

      Delete
  3. Didn’t realise that the booster can make you more tired. Maybe that has contributed t9 my weariness. But then again the early mornings and extra baby sitting might have added to it as well lol

    Rest up. There isn’t much you can do outside with this weather al might as well enjoy the enforced rest time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela I'm much better today. Heading to my craft group shortly but the humidity with this drizzly rain is most unpleasant.

      Delete
  4. Good you have your booster. I don't think we get Cumberland sausages here, at least I have never seen them. It's mostly Italian or German types. I like the mild Italian. Love your tomato soup recipe. More, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris they're a pork sausage mildly flavoured. They go really well with a rich onion gravy and mashed potatoes! And tomato soup!!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Remember, celery is why swizzle sticks were
    invented...

    ReplyDelete