My appointment was at 1pm. After hearing stories about long waits I took myself off with my kindle and was prepared to wait. I got there a bit early and was done and dusted including the 15 minute wait by 1.05.
I must say I am a trifle apprehensive about side effects as I have heard they can be worse with pfizer but I'll live. I'm doing my bit.
Mother in law has been returned to the ACF. Himself is struggling with the guilts as he finds it hard to talk with her and feels obliged to visit. I told him to wait a day or so and let her get settled back in. He has gone to check out a dog beach in Mornington which will be much more pleasurable for him. If it is fenced we'll take them down when it's not too hot. I think Jinx will be fine but Murphy doesn't like water. I see some funny times ahead.
You know things are bad when KFC is running out of chicken! I don't know that I agree with the newsreader's description of the chain as a "restaurant". It is a worry for so many businesses (I"m not worried about KFC, in case you thought I was!). They are struggling to staff their cafes and restaurants and now they might not be able to get food. L'arte posted that although they are opening tomorrow after the Christmas break, they will be offering a reduced menu.
We had another code red for our ambulances yesterday. When will people use other resources and stop ringing 000 for a sniffle. Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) can now be used as a way of officially testing for Covid. You report to the government your positive result on the app. I wonder how many false declarations there will be as a way of getting out of work. Or how many positives will be ignored cos there's a party at the beach. I don't think this has been thought through very well. And the advice that really made me shake my head was "If you have symptoms, don't go to work". Well that should apply to ANY illness; not just Covid. I really thought we might have learned that lesson, at least.
Think I'll go and weave for a bit. The phone is still waiting to be tackled. I don't know why I am putting it off.
I leave you with the following I found where I found the other celery thing. I don't know how genuine it is but they did use doctors to advertise cigarettes. Things were different back then!

That pic certainly is worth a thousand words
ReplyDeleteThe main one being ouch!
I had my booster today. I got the Moderna
I did start to get a headache a couple of hours after the shot. But I’ve taken some panadole and I feel fine.
Angela I would have preferred Moderna but couldn't find a booking so settled on pfizer. So far so good. Just tired. Not even a sore arm.
DeleteNo, KFC as a restaurant is as queer as McDonalds offering healthy food. I've never felt the need to visit McDonalds when I want some healthy food. I go there for bad food and rarely as I don't like it much.
ReplyDeleteNSW has introduced fines for not reporting a RAT positive result. How would it know if someone did not report?
Are you saying that doctor's advice to smoke to calm your nerves or smoke menthol cigarettes to clear your nasal passages was not right?
I can take or leave celery but it seems I put it in the wrong opening. Yeah, stalks of celery...shaped in a certain way. I get it now.
Andrew, even if you did get a salad from McDonalds they are limp and disgusting. My thoughts exactly about the fining situation. Or indeed any self reporting. How do you prove it? My mother was told to take up smoking to strengthen her weak chest.
DeleteCelery has taken on a whole new meaning.
I went to the Adelaide Showgrounds and was in and out in half an hour. I'd brought a book which I obviously didn't need. I even commented to the nurse that it was a lot more efficient than my two previous ones.
ReplyDeleteCelery....irk. I would rather eat my own head...
Barbara that was my experience as well. I had heard that when they first opened they were inundated but yesterday was a delight. It was a bit disconcerting seeing all the kids but needs must.
DeleteRaw celery does have a nice crunch- not too keen on it cooked. Mind you the only way I can get it into The Golfer is if it’s cooked (doesn’t know/realise he actually eating it).
ReplyDeleteMy booster is 8am tomorrow - hopefully I’ll get there on time….Mr Insomnia has been visiting…..restless nights, back to sleep, not waking at usual time. Nearly 8.30 the other morning!
I hope you woke in time. That's why I booked mine for 1pm! And today I slept til midday. If that's the only reaction I'm thrilled.
Delete