Vodaphone have lost a valuable but not valued customer. We will be moving our phones and broadband to another mob and save in excess of $600 a year. Himself has gone to try to find the phone I like to buy outright. I guess phones, like other appliances, have been hit hard with imports. He may be gone some time.
It is cooler today, thank goodness. We are forecast a bit more heat during the week but worse will be the humidity that will come with thunderstorms.
We have a craft group catch up on Wednesday at the yarn cafe. Unfortunately T is in isolation as her son has tested positive. Apparently 1 in 5 tested are returning positive results. They are saying the majority are Omnicron and those hospitalised are Delta. Or something. It's all a bit confusing. Again I ask, do we really need this level of information? Not many people really understand or need to know. It just adds to the confusion and anxiety. We can find it out for ourselves if we want. We don't need it shoved down our throats every time we look at media.
T's sister is one of the aluminium hat brigade. According to her 7 doses of vaccine have been produced for every single person and one of those 7 is the kill shot. Sort of Russian roulette with vaccines. Do you know how it kills you? By activating your T cells. Which the last time I looked are actually an important part of the immune system (AIDS sufferers have very low to non-existent T cell counts). I hang my head in despair.
Well, Himself drove all over town in search of the elusive phone. Apparently there are a couple at Melbourne airport but that is way too far and no guarantee they would still be there. I am going to try buying on line from Samsung.
More weaving this afternoon. I am using a cheap acrylic (and I mean cheap as opposed to inexpensive). It was to show the yarn cafe people what it would look like woven. I don't enjoy using acrylic yarn at the best of times. I should get it finished tomorrow. Then I can weave something pleasant.
Dinner tonight is steak and salad. I am trying freezing uncooked rolls and seeing how they go once defrosted. It will save us eating them all when I bake! I have one ready to try this evening. You have to use a bit more yeast than normal so it will be interesting to see how it goes.
Looks like Wednesday Thursday & Friday are going to be doozies. After all the rain we had for what seemed like months on end the ground has really dried out so something will be pleased if the storms come to fruition.
ReplyDeleteHope you get your phone sorted soon - I had to replace mine during the winter while we were in Qld....thankfully the one in stock was OK, we were leaving for home a couple of days later and after checking local Melbourne 'shops' for me the answer was...nothing down here was in stock everything had to be ordered in.
I hope the storms dump a good amount of rain and then clear the humidity. One can live in hope!
DeleteI made a decision to not tell my partner the Covid figures anymore. Further, I see them but don't take them in anymore. Ten new cases a day was alarming mid last year. The current numbers are beyond comprehension.
ReplyDeleteGood to know you are a Samsung Android person. I've heard that if something goes wrong, Kogan is so hard to make contact with, but I've bought three phones from Kogan and delivery was quick enough and no problems, aside from one phone having to be switched from Chinese to English, and traces of Chinese remaining on the phone. Now they no longer come with a charger or ear phones but I think that goes for all phones bought anywhere.
Andrew, I can buy a charger separately from Samsung. Hopefully my existing charger will work.
DeleteWe went into lockdown over cases in double figures. Have we become blasé?
Do you all wear masks at your craft group meeting? All our meetings are still Zoom and our craft group hasn't met since March 2020. I signed up for a fitness class and we were allowed to take off our masks while exercising (well spaced out) but I have a feeling it will be cancelled next session. Numbers here are quite alarming!
ReplyDeleteChris, our craft group meets at local cafes where we don't have to be masked when seated. We are all double vaxxed and are getting into the booster rounds as well. Some still prefer not to attend if they are around vulnerable people. Our numbers have gone through the roof. As I said to Andrew, last year we were slammed into weeks of lockdown over double figure cases. Now we are well into the thousands every day.
DeleteSo many people I know are testing positive right now
ReplyDeleteI guess coming out of lockdowns and having Christmas and new year is really helping to spread it around
Can’t get RAT’s tests anywhere right now and wait times at the test centres are huge.
I wonder how many people are just not bothering to test and are going about happily spreading it
Angela, I think you're right. Also how many people don't have symptoms but are carrying it? I went to book my booster and couldn't get an appointment til March. Will consider my alternatives!
Delete