Saturday, 15 January 2022

Weary

I don't know why I am tired. Probably not enough exercise or something.

We had the phone call with Ikea and realised that the lass that "helped" us on Tuesday had no idea what she was doing. Himself took the Mermaid into Ikea today and saw said lass was being buddied with someone. We feel absolved. We now have a virtual consult on Wednesday to hopefully get this thing happening. Himself cut a hole in the back of the existing pantry and found we have a bit more space so all should be hunky dory.

This afternoon I worked on the scarf for K. We are meeting up on Tuesday at the yarn shop I bought the yarn from so I'd love to have it finished by then.

Still nothing on the MiL front. We can't visit or speak to her. Most frustrating. I want to make a fuss but I don't want to damage the relationship we have with the staff there that may impact on her. 

That blasted tennis player is still here.

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting about Ikea. Space for a dead body behind the pantry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, a very little body. Sort of the size of a rodent. But enough to stop the cabinetry covering the window at the other end.

      Delete
  2. I take it….. I know you would’ve…..you’ve had your yearly blood screening done. Thyroid FBC Kidney Liver and all that. Try some Vit B or even Berocca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmmmmmmm. The blood slip is on the fridge. Does that count just a little bit?

      Delete
  3. Is it the heat or are you used to that? I find hot weather very draining. I think No-vaxx will be gone soon. Can't see how he can possibly be granted another reprieve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, No-vaxx (love it) will win another reprieve I am sure. The arguments the stupid minister is using has nothing to do with his vaccination status and the legals will run rings around this. I really hope I am wrong but I fear the politicians have stuffed up yet again. You're right, I do suffer with the heat and humidity.

      Delete
  4. I think most places are so short staffed they are getting anyone they can to fill vacancies
    Obviously some need a bit more training than others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To add to the problem, Ikea employs a lot of uni students and at this time of year the ones that have been there for ages and finished their degrees move on.

      Delete