Friday, 3 June 2022

Friday

And finally after 2 years and 4 attempts my nephew and his bride will tie the knot.

I was talking to One before and my suspicions were correct. They aren't coming because his mother in law has booked a weekend away. I would have thought that a family wedding would count more but it's not their family, so no.

Hey ho.

I am looking forward to seeing Two and Mads and Three and his lot will be there. I am still not happy that they are taking the kids but not my call.

Lord, I am grumpy today.

Himself has asked me to pick a shirt for him to wear so I will go and do that and iron it. It's been years since he wore a suit.

I will then have a shower and try on my wedding beanies. Or throw some product in my hair and call it a day.

At least my boots have been polished.

I'll be back tomorrow in a better mood!! 

8 comments:

  1. I've learnt that as you become an old person, you are the one who has to make the contact effort, all the time. At times you just let it go.

    Anyway, have a great time at the wedding. If you are not sure about your makeup or jewellery, just add more. More is better. What about painting the nails of Himself with nail polish? Maybe just one fingernail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore more than usual! I should have painted a fingernail.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Andrew, I am an old person and I do make the effort, sometimes I wonder why....but that is what it is.
    Put on some bling, ruby red lipstick, hat and have a great time.
    Even have more than one bubbly.
    Love to see you wedding outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had two bubblies and some wine with dinner. The lipstick was pink. I should have worn red!

      Delete
  3. Don't forget your camera. Photos, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to get a couple but we were asked not to take photos during the ceremony. I will post later today.

      Delete
  4. Families. They know exactly what buttons to push
    Put on your glad rags and enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I was listening to the speeches I was reminded yet again that the man becomes part of the woman's family, not the other way round. One's inlaws definitely have the first and final say. As do Three's. Two lives interstate so not as bad.

      Delete