Last night we followed the instructions on the marinated roast beef. It was tough as old boots. I remembered that this was a cut of meat that I used to cook long and low. It would even have worked in the slow cooker. I have told Three not to bother and return to us the one we gave him. It had external fat that hadn't rendered and no marbling so tough. The veges were nice and so was the bread we used to mop up the gravy. The bread toasted well today but wouldn't have made a sandwich so I need to find another recipe.
I did make the peanut butter cookies/biscuits to the letter and they are delicious. I have sent a dozen or so home for Three.
I was happily puddling around having a very late lunch (soup and toast) when my alarm went off reminding me to collect the kid from school. That could have been awkward! I was looking to not leaving the house til Friday craft, too.
It is still raining on and off and is as cold as witches' whatsits. Unusual this early in the season but you won't get complaints from me. The fire is going, the cats are happy and we are having hamburgers for dinner which Himself will cook when he gets home from dropping Sally off to her mum.
I think the lettuce will be the most expensive thing on the burger tonight.
Trial and error. Don’t let it get you down
ReplyDeleteYes I’ve just been watching the news about all the price rises and the interest rate rise for home loans
It feels like it’s all doom and gloom right now
Stay wqrm.
The media are having a field day. It's not as if the interest hikes were unexpected. There is always someone happy to have their face on the telly whinging that they can't afford to eat out every week!
DeletePeanut butter cookies, biscuits perhaps sound interesting. I wonder if you can add peanuts to the recipe, if they aren't included already. Perhaps we could import some lettuce from NZ at a cheaper price? I just heard one take away food chain is mixing cabbage in with lettuce for its burgers. Yuk!
ReplyDeleteAndrew, the recipe has a cup of peanut butter AND a cup of chopped peanuts. They are delicious. I saw the cabbage thing too. It's not as if they are overly generous with the lettuce at the best of times.
DeleteFresh veg and fruit are up in price here, I was hoping when our local v and f were being harvested here, ie: asparagus and rhubarb, v and f would be cheaper, however, if the trend continues with these being pricey, everything will be expensive even grown here in Canada. Gas/petrol is up to $2.13 per ltr. and expected to go to $2.25 during the Summer. Peanut butter cookies yummy, glad they were a success.
ReplyDeleteOur big issue at the moments is the awful floods we had earlier this year that destroyed so many farms that produce our veges. The cost of petrol and diesel only adds to the problem.
Delete