Saturday, 18 June 2022

Interesting

I think there might be a State election looming. After over two years of the strictest restrictions and mandates and bullying encouragement by our illustrious State leader he is now quietly dropping them and changing the rules. By the time we rock up to the polling booths it will be "what pandemic". I am not disputing the good that was done during our difficult lockdowns but why drop everything now? When numbers are through the roof.

I self-reported on Wednesday when I came back positive. Yesterday I got a call from our local health network (Peninsula for those who know or care) and was given a lot of support and advice. I have to fill in a form every day with my symptoms. She said I was in the high end of medium severity. Whatever that means. But I am to call an ambulance if my breathing gets bad. Duh! 

It is really interesting how different people are affected. My brother (Dr Teacher) was really crook with it but Other Brother who contracted it in Italy wasn't unwell at all. He put it down to a sniffle from the flight but tested because that is what one does. I know of people who found they were positive when having to undertake mandatory testing (visiting a relative in aged care - not any more, though!) but were asymptomatic. Himself is positive but fine and dandy. 

Three did some shopping for us today. I forgot to ask him to get rice. But he did buy us an iceberg lettuce. He was spending my money!

I cooked up the mince I got with my online delivery and that will give us 4 meals. 

I then warped my loom which involved a lot of squirting water at the cats.

Speaking of the cats, Max is actually a dog. He plays with the dogs like a dog. He comes running to see what Jinx is barking at. He knows when it's dog dinner time and lines up for his share. He gets excited when they go for a walk - but he gets left behind. If the two dogs are on the bed he will join them. At least he still purrs.

8 comments:

  1. Your cat/dog is having identity issues lol
    I love it when all the fur babies play nicely
    I hope you don’t have to call the ambulance, but if you do I pray it comes quickly. Those poor guys are so overworked and underpaid
    Feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no intention of needing an ambulance! I am still gobsmacked to hear some of the reasons people call them. They should be fined.
      We chose these two cats because they had been fostered in a home with a large dog. It obviously worked!

      Delete
  2. Love your pet stories, we have two Burmese cats, one is very naughty, opens doors etc...we live in Canberra..Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Burmese. They have such personalities.
      I love Canberra. My brother used to work there (lived in Queanbeyan) and I really enjoyed visiting and exploring. One day we will have a holiday week there.

      Delete
  3. Yes, we could catch up...we are around the same age... sounds like we have the same husbands ( read the instructions for building things after) lol.. we have some family in Melbourne... hope you feel better soon...I like Queanbeyan as well....Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If ever you're down this way just yell. Where are your family in Melb?

      Delete
  4. Get well soon, surely it will catch up with me soon and I'll get it! My grandson seems unwell again but I've not been around him. Your cat sounds so funny!

    ReplyDelete