My days are pretty much the same over and over again.
I did a bit of housework this morning. My craft room still looks it should have a biohazard warning on it but it can wait.
I cremated the oven. That was fun. Our new oven is a pyrolytic one which is similar to the one we had in our previous house. This one tells me it needs a clean. I don't know if it really knows something has been spilled (see soggy pizzas from a few days ago) or if it just registers I have used it x amount of times - most of which is baking and therefore little to no mess. Regardless, there was a spot of pizza juice that had baked onto the bottom so I cleaned that off as best I could (as per the instructions) then put it on cleaning mode. It gets so hot the door locks itself and won't unlock until it's cooled down. Open door, wipe out the dust (from the cremation) and tadaa a shiny clean oven. The oven door has 4 sheets of glass so that will be a two person job to make sure none get cracked and that they get put back in the same order. It won't need doing often though.
Last night's hamburgers were delicious. Tonight we are having bacon rolls to use up the rest of the lettuce and the remaining tomato. Himself found a bag of mixed leaves at Aldi for less than $3.
Himself has kindly gone to collect Sally. I am hoping he will drop her off to her mum as well. She is getting an MRI on her damaged knee tomorrow so has the day off work. That means she can come to craft and I won't have to get Sally.
I'd better go and sort out what craft we will do today after school. I bought a load of really cheap kits from the local $2 shop but we are running low. I'm thinking we might have a go at making pompoms.
Oh, I lead such an interesting life!
I don't think our oven has needed to be or has been cleaned since we bought the air fryer.
ReplyDeleteHamburgers last night, bacon rolls tonight. Not that I am one to talk, but when does the health diet start?
I bet mixed leaves from Aldi didn't contain lettuce at the price it now is.
R is so disappointed. As happens with Aldi specials, he couldn't get the discounted English made Frys mint chocolate bars.
Hush, Andrew. All cooked on the bbq so automatically healthy. The lettuce leaves were really good. Large and fresh. Not iceberg - the other ones! I remember Fry's mint chocolate from my boarding school tuck shop. I feel R's pain.
DeleteDinners sound delicious, we are having hamburgers tonight. Be careful with the self clean oven. Our neighbour, (RIP), had a fire from using that option, had to get a restoration company to come in, take everything out, clean it and bring it back and paint the wall and wood work.
ReplyDeleteWow! I wonder what caused the fire. They are very adamant about taking everything out of the oven and cleaning out any easy to move debris. I would never leave it unattended but will keep an ever closer eye on it.
DeleteSounds like my life
ReplyDeleteI’m struggling to find topics to write about
I don’t mind. Boring is better than drama any day of the week