Every day I have to report my symptoms. Today I am feeling a bit better.
The sun is shining. Himself is out with the dogs. I decided to prune a rose.
A blue car pulls up and a lovely person from Peninsula Health drops off a thermometer and a pulse oximeter.
I then got a call from PH to check up on me. I told her about the roses and she very kindly told me to not push myself. She (and the lass who dropped the gear off) have had Covid and it was great to have someone understand that fatigue isn't tiredness. You have no energy or concentration span but sitting still and doing nothing drives you mad.
I managed to prune another couple of roses and Himself has dug about half the weeds out.
Other than the bit of pruning and doing mindless puzzles (no real thinking required) I have done sweet FA today.
Dinner is ready to be heated from the batches I made yesterday. Haystacks - with a REAL lettuce!
Later. The sun has now gone and there is a distinct chill in the air. We pay for clear sunny days with bloody cold nights. Not a big deal for me but Himself hates the cold. We are nearly at the shortest day of the year and then, even though Spring is a good way off, those who hate the cold can start to look forward to longer, warmer days.
Murphy was sitting next to me and I could swear I could hear his tummy rumbling. Turns out it was the cat sitting behind me purring and 'talking'.
They talk of long covid. When they described the symptoms it’s almost like what I had when I got diagnosed with ME/chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia.
ReplyDeleteThe silver lining of covid might be they find a cure for all those similar conditions
I really need to get into the roses But they still have flowers. Like me. They’re a tad confused
Many of mine had flowers, too, Angela. I just bit the bullet and snipped everything down hard. I think I will lose some due to the wet, wet summer but we will see. I am constantly reminded of long Covid and will be careful.
DeletePleased you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteDon't know if we would get the visits you are receiving from our health department here, I have heard people with Covid have a phone call enquiring about health but, that is all.
Never had any luck growing roses, so now don't bother, I go to hubby's daughter and smell hers.
I have a form to fill out every day and a phone call. I also have a number to ring if I have any concerns. I must say, I am very impressed with the support.
DeleteHi good you are feeling a bit better, my sister in law lives in Canterbury...I haven't been to Melbourne since I was 18... one of my sons ( I have two) and his wife got two Tonkinese kittens a month ago they are totally adorable, super friendly and purr all the time and love cuddles they do a running jump onto your lap and cuddle up like to be near your face..I was covered in cat hair...lol Peta
ReplyDeleteAll those breeds are delightful. Burmese I think have a sense of dignity in their craziness.
DeleteI’m glad that even with all the knocking they take Victoria is still providing help and support for Covid patients. I was hoping my girl wasn’t an exception with the help she was offered earlier in the year….thankfully it’s still out there for those who need/want it.
ReplyDeleteRest and recuperation now for you. With luck there’ll be some more sunny days, they will start to lengthen as well - in time
I'm not sure if it's dependent on which health network one comes under but I cannot fault Peninsula Health.
Delete