And we will have takeaway pizza or fish and chips. While the roast smelled delicious it was a bit tough. It should have been cooked for longer at a lower temp. We will know next time. If there is a next time.
I didn't wake until midday today. I guess that's what happens when you don't go to bed until after midnight and then have to fight the animals for a spot in the bed.
It's cold, wet and miserable. Damp, actually. Just damp. You don't get hot and damp, do you? You get hot and humid. Damp is a winter word.
I have done nothing today. I was planning on weaving but have played games instead. I claim it will keep oldtimers disease at bay.
Later... Well I did get a bit of weaving done. And we are having BBQ chook for dinner. Himself does it like a roast with gravy, spuds and peas. An easy peasy dinner.
I am sure I would have talked about it but I can't find out where or when but a while ago Himself decided redo the back lawn grass where the dogs had worn a muddy track when they play chasies. At the time I gently questioned the wisdom but was assured it would be fine. He did a magnificent job building a couple of raised beds, getting the correct soil and laying instant turf. It wasn't a cheap exercise. Fast forward to wet damp winter days and - you guessed it - we have muddy tracks where the new turf was. Someone (Murphy judging by his huge muddy feet) has been having a bit of a dig as well. I am finding many ways of saying "I told you so" without actually using those words.
Nawww don’t be too upset. At least he tried.
ReplyDeleteMaybe some raised garden beds along the muddy track
If you cover them with netting the dog won’t be able to jump and dig
Pinterest has lots of ideas lol
All my suggestions fall on deaf ears. I am leaving it all up to him.
DeleteSometimes when criticising your partner all you need say is yes, with a certain tone.
ReplyDeleteSaid with the voice of experience.
DeleteMy dogs won't stay out of my garden beds so I mulch them, at least that way they don't get muddy feet.
ReplyDeletePixie, it's the grass and under the trees. We would need tons of mulch!!
DeleteOh dear.
Delete