Saturday, 25 June 2022

Too much thinking time today

Does anyone else find it a bit weird that the country that has copped the blame for Covid, that is holding us to ransom in many ways with imports and exports, that is setting up strategic footholds with our South Pacific neighbours, that has allegedly attacked one of our reconnaissance planes, that is laying claim to international waters in the South China Sea, etc etc is the country that is supplying our RATs, our thermometers, our pulse oximeters? Without which we would be really stuffed.

What is an earmark? I mean I know how the word is used but why?

Roses are mean bastards and fight back when being pruned.

Sally informed me yesterday that I suffered more with Covid than she did because I am "an old lady". 

I want to learn remember how to use my Canon camera that I haven't used in over 5 years. 

My new oven turns itself off if you leave the door open. I found this out when trying to be smart and prove the dough while warming the oven to bake said dough.

We are trying another roast from Aldi. By "we" I mean Himself thought it would be a good idea. The dogs will eat well tomorrow.

This old lady needs a glass of wine.

8 comments:

  1. My iron does that if I leave it for a short time…. I find it annoying to have to wait for it to warm up again.
    Hope you’re begin to feel much better - where on earth did Sally hear the old lady comparison from

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to know how the oven knew the door was open! My iron does that, too, but I'm not too fussed as I have been known to forget to turn it off. I have no idea where Sally gets a lot of her knowledge. At least was said with childlike honesty and not meant to be mean.

      Delete
  2. China...problematic. I see what is happening but I don't understand.

    I don't know what earmark means.

    No matter how careful I was when pruning roses, it was always roses 1, Andrew 0.

    We are having Aldi corned beef Sunday night. While I don't really like cabbage, it is a must have with corned beef.

    The old lady may need a second glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, your comment went to spam. I have never managed corned beef but Three has. I will have to get him to teach me. As long as the cabbage isn't boiled you should be ok! The old lady certainly did have another glass or two.

      Delete
  3. Can't comment on the problems you have with said country (I'm presuming it starts with "C") but we have similar problems with our neighbour to the south. Seemingly, (according to a reputable polling company) 40% of Canadians still believe the orange haired monster was cheated of his attempt to retain the presidency!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, quite a few think that here. What it has to do with us is beyond me.

      Delete
  4. We are definitely over reliant on China. This has really highlighted the fact that we need to manufacture more goods at home
    I don’t know that I’d call you an old lady but to a primary school child anyone over 21 is old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was 60 when she was born so I guess I qualify as old regardless! I don't know what the answer to our China dependence is. We have sold so much of our raw materials to them there isn't much left. As well as our gas and coal. We're a bit stuffed.

      Delete