Bugger.
Breathing is overrated.
Eating might be too if I can't get someone to go to the supermarket!
Three and Amy have to find someone to collect Scallywag from school. I have had to cancel my psychologist appointment and get someone else to host the craft get togethers this week.
Himself is carrying on about having to isolate with this but not if it was flu. I understand his frustration and think we should have to isolate if we are sick regardless but that is just basic common sense and responsibility. I think the less severe symptoms have made people complacent with Covid. I am prone to chest infections and am not keen to get pneumonia so he can suck it up.
Later... I have just done an online delivery order with Coles. At least we won't starve. Assuming they have the food in the store! It was amazing to see how many veg varieties were out of stock.
I decided to prune the roses. I got 7 done before I became breathless.
Himself took the dogs for a long walk through the bush. No contact with other humans.
The biscuit baking has been put on the back burner (ha ha) but I will need to make some bread tomorrow. Hopefully I will feel better as at the moment I am struggling to boil a bloody kettle.
Three still hasn't heard about the job. He rang them to ask if they needed anything else from him - a gentle nudge and shows he's keen. Hopefully he will get good news tomorrow.
On a funny note, Himself gets cross often now and again and growls and grumps and flings curses. For a long time I haven't been able to work out why the dogs will come to me out of the blue and Jinx will even try to climb on my lap. I have worked out that when Himself gets into a mood they beat a hasty retreat to the safety of under my feet, on my lap, behind my back ...
Smart creatures, dogs.
Well at least you can entertain yourself with old "which bastard gave it to me?!" guessing game! (in my case I still don't know. There were a lot of suspects...). Hope you feel better soon. It's a shit of thing!
ReplyDeleteI thought maybe the wedding but that was nearly two weeks ago. I haven't been out much. Craft was last Friday but no one has reported sick from that. Who knows? And it is, indeed, a shit of a thing.
DeleteHope all the company you had to dinner the other evening are ok. I’m still giving my mask a whirl whenever I’m out and about. Don’t care about the funny looks!
ReplyDeleteDid you report it? You’ll be able to get lots of support if you do…..earlier this year my daughter had (health dept) phone calls plus door knockers offering all sorts - a finger oximeter (check oxygen levels) was one. Take care and Get well soon
All I got was someone from the health department wanting me to come out to my front gate to prove I was really isolating!
DeleteI did report it and even said I had some at risk co-morbidities but nothing yet. I said I was safe and didn't need help with groceries so maybe that means I won't get help. An oximeter would be good as I am very short of breath. I'll see if someone has one.
DeleteThe family seem ok.
Victoria seems more efficient at dealing with COVID than South Australia. But then you've had more practice!
DeleteWe certainly know how to isolate, that's for sure!
DeleteHi I went for a Covid test and it came back negative...I have had quite a bad head cold, which my husband and one of my sons now have as well....I have to laugh at you talking about "himself" especially about those huge doggies trying to sit on your lap...we are also staying at home, I did a shop at Coles myself today as well...so easy, I now feel sick as I ate to many yummy things... ha ha...we are around the same age and I also live in Australia.
ReplyDeletePeta
I have had more colds this year than I have for a very long time. I have RATted every time but this one felt different and bingo. Where are you in Australia?
DeleteOh, that's too bad but, on the other hand, an excuse to curl up in bed and ignore the problems of the world!
ReplyDeleteIndeed. Any excuse to not have to leave the house is fine by me.
DeleteOh no you got the rona! Rest up. Yes I was going to suggest home delivery. You can even get meds delivered from the pharmacy if you need. Lots of panadole, it’s very helpful I hear.
ReplyDeleteI’d look at the silver lining here. At least you get to have lots and lots of rest. And the weather is so bad who wouod want to go out in it anyway
Sending hugs
I felt sorry for the kids as we can't collect Sally but they've sorted it, I think. Panadol is my best friend. And lots of Lady Grey tea.
Delete