A pleasantly cooler day today.
Himself has been sifting soil with his nifty soil sifter. This means I now have to decide what to put in the very large bed he is sifting the soil from. I doesn't get a lot of sun but I am thinking I might just throw flower seeds in it and see what grows. This will depend on digging dogs and an impatient husband who likes to see things yesterday.
Meanwhile I cleaned out my vege beds. The zucchini has gone as have the cucumbers cos I didn't like them. I have retained the basil and continental parsley and will consider more herbs in these beds. I have just realised I forgot to clean out the peas and my green bin is full! I wonder if I can squeeze just a bit more in before they will refuse to take it. I will plant lettuces where the peas are as it doesn't get full sun and see what seedlings bunnings has on Saturday to decide what veges and herbs to plant next.
I also pulled out the petunias which were getting a bit ragged and will put some marigolds in for some autumn colour.
The roses got a prune. I will cut them back hard come winter and see whether they are happier next year. I really don't want to have to redo that bed.
My trip to Junee has been postponed til after Himself has his op (he is having a TURP for those who are interested. It's a rebore for enlarged prostates).
The mermaid is coming with me on the trip to Sydney and I will drop her off at a station on the way to Two's place and she can visit her recently widowed mum. She will then make her way to Gosford and she and I will drive home down the coast. Her daughter has turned into Bridezilla and that is also causing her angst. A mini break will be good for us both.
I got some weaving done this afternoon. It really does make the time go fast - weaving and listening to podcasts. I am kicking myself that I didn't really think about this yarn before I warped the loom. It has knobbly bits which are making it a challenge to get through the heddle without shredding it. Silly me.
This is the yarn but the colours are much prettier in the flesh.
We then played scrabble. With 5 days left in the month we are neck and neck.
Dinner is Greek Turkey burgers with a harissa yoghurt dressing. I had a giggle at the recipe seeing how little love is lost between the Greeks and Turkey!
Someone very close to me had a TURP. The recovery is not pleasant but the results are amazing.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the personal touch. I have seen it done in theatre and nursed them post op but wasn't aware of the longer term recovery. It will make me a kinder spouse.
DeleteTurkey burgers, eat em up!! Hope they don't give you indigestion though 😂😂
ReplyDeleteThey were delicious.
DeleteHi my husband had the TURP and he did well, like Andrew said the results are amazing.... Peta
ReplyDeleteI hope so. It would be nice for him to get a full night sleep.
DeleteSounds like a pleasant day. I did enjoy the cooler weather. It’s supposed to get warm again tomorrow. I’ve got Ana again so hopefully she’s happy to stay inside where it’s nice and cool
ReplyDeleteStay cool. Water play?
DeleteThe Golfer has had that procedure done as well. Be prepared for a few days of wanting to be babied…..someone I know can be a real sook at times, maybe yours is different.
ReplyDeleteIf he's really crook he doesn't sook. It will be an interesting time.
DeleteThat trip description needs a map for me! It sounds all very organized. Best of luck with the surgery. For both of you!
ReplyDeleteI will post a pic of the route, Liz.
DeleteMay all go well with the surgery. Himself is lucky to have a nurse to help him in his recovery.
ReplyDeleteI had all the patience in the world for my patients but very little for my husband!
DeleteI found a site that has some recommendations for shade loving plants in Australia.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.harwoodsgardensupplies.com.au/shade-loving-plants/
Hope your hubby's surgery goes well.
Thank you, Pixie. I will have a look at that.
DeleteI can't help wincing when I hear about prostate surgery. Visions of my future, I suppose.
ReplyDeleteSadly, I don't think there is anything you can do to prevent it. If it's going to happen, it will.
Delete