The kids arrived at 8.30 for the final visit these holidays. It's a shame that Sally and Lily didn't get to play together again but HFM is too contagious to take the risk. I am concerned that Sally will get it as she kept forgetting and gave Alice lots of hugs. Apart from the HFM lesions, Alice is also teething so is basically a mess of virus filled slobber.
Kids. Who'd have them?
Alice enjoyed peanut butter on toast for breakfast and Max discovered he quite liked it, too.
After a play with noisy banging toys Himself took Sally and the for a walk and I walked Alice up to our local park. Look at those gorgeous little toes.
She soon conked out and slept for an hour and a half.
Sally wanted to bake so Granny took the cheat's way and got Grumpy to pick up a packet mix (don't know why I bothered - I still had to add eggs, milk and butter!) and she made cupcakes. The best part is licking the beaters and the bowl.
Amy arrived just in time to catch a spectacular spew from Alice which she cleaned up. My clock was off!
Tomorrow is a public holiday. I wonder if it will be the last Australia Day holiday we will have. I have written and deleted too many words over this as I feel my sentiments are not those of many and I really can't be bothered defending my opinion. It is too easy to be branded a racist these days.






Aww poor Alice! Our Sloane has the upchucks sometimes, as well.
ReplyDeleteJust because you want to preserve a way of life doesn't mean you're racist...the "woke" generation will become enlightened someday...can't come soon enough. I'm in Texas and we are being pushed to the limit with illegals... In the meantime, I have enough on my plate to give a shit what they think...pardon my American...lol
Hugs
Donna
I assume the illegals are from the south? Such a challenge with a land border.
DeleteYes...they cross the Rio Grande river or fill the locks . It's an invasion...coming up from South America and other countries. The border patrol have already caught several big time terrorist but who knows how many more made it in...
DeleteWell it seems there’ll be no more Australia Day street parades where multicultural Melbourne was on show. There’s a lot we all could say - on either side - but really it’s a case of those with the loudest voices will be the ones heard. I might be on your side with this one
ReplyDeleteHistory cannot be changed. I liked seeing pictures of the smoking ceremonies in Sydney.
DeleteI'm going to have to read up on this Australia Day controversy, though I can imagine the gist of it.
ReplyDeleteI would be interested to hear your take on it.
DeleteIs there a nicer photo in the world than one of a child sleeping? Nice on a couple of levels actually.
ReplyDeleteIt makes you less likely to kill them when they are awake!
DeleteI'm sure youll be glad to see of your grandkids, for a few days anyway.
ReplyDeleteI can see why the indigenous people don't like to commemorate the date of the British arriving. The British did damage everywhere they went, actually all colonizers did. The British colonized Scotland and Ireland as well as many other countries. Why can't Australia Day be celebrated on another day? A day that isn't about colonization. It's the same here in Canada but things are slowly changing.
I feel it is important to remember what happened. If it wasn't the Brits it would have been the French or the Spanish, they weren't far behind.
DeleteYep, kids who'd have them!! On the upside of course you get cuddles and with grandkids you can give them back (thank goodness). I'd certainly not want all those years of responsibility now!
ReplyDeleteI have the utmost admiration for grandparents who take on the parenting role.
DeleteI had ana two days already this week and Fridays is my day anyway. So I’m going to be one exhausted granny It’s not nice when there not well. Luckily you didn’t have to clean the vomit up. Yuck!
ReplyDeleteI choose to celebrate the country we have become and not get to bogged down in the past. I think we are trying to make life better for our First Nations people, but I too think things are now starting to get out of control a tad. I too will just leave it at that
Nicely put, Angela.
Delete