Friday, 13 January 2023

Cousins


Amy went back to work today so we had agreed to have Sally. She will stay over as they are going to see Elton John tonight  Alice will stay with the other grandparents and Three and Amy will stay the night there as well.

I invited Lily over for a play with Sally (I HATE the term play-date).

Sally arrived in her pyjamas. Lily arrived in a purple frilly dress.

They played a bit, watched a bit of Matilda and then Grumpy bought them a happy meal each for lunch. They were both adamant they wanted the 6 nugget pack. The dogs will be happy.



After lunch they played with a colour your own unicorn money box kit I bought them and a Bluey sticker kit. No wonder the supermarket bill was high this week!



They then went outside to draw on the pavement with chalk. I had to stay and supervise in case the big black bug came back. Country girls these most definitely are NOT!



After some cartwheels they came inside and got changed. Lily in yet another frilly dress (that was making her itchy) and Sally into day clothes (finally!). They then started to play with the very limited number of toys I have. I need to get to Ikea to get more train tracks.



Lily wants to sleepover as well so her Mum will drop the necessaries over later. They will share a queen size bed. Sally was so excited they could stay up all night. She later amended that to midnight. I have news for news for both of them!

After watching half of another movie they announced the wanted to go to the park.

So we did.

You may note the girls have changed again. Fortunately Lily only came with one change of clothes. 





After a while Sally asked if I had any lollies (sweets/candy) at home. I said I didn't but we could go to the shop. They said they were hot. I said we could buy icecreams.

So we did - even Granny as it was so damned hot.



 

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-



And then she had a large gin.



You will get the full details of the sleepover tomorrow. If I do not post, send help. Or more gin.

16 comments:

  1. A well deserved gin by the sound of it. Aren't you exhausted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exhausted doesn't begin to describe how I am feeling right now

      Delete
  2. Hahahaa,,,this is too funny. But I can Totally relate!!
    Now go rest! Oh, My daughter and soninlaw are new granparents...they are called Lolli & Pops...fun.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha...you make me laugh.....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like keeping up with two small children to exhaust you both mentally and physically. This I know for sure and thank goodness we have our children when we are young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I do not understand women wanting kids when they are in the late 40s and beyond.

      Delete
  5. Gin is always the solution! LOL

    Seriously, sounds like a fun (if tiring) day. I love how you had to defend them against the big black bug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't there is enough gin in the whole world.

      Delete
  6. Big bugs! Such danger at your house! But what a whirl of activity, non-stop. Yes, A nice stiff drink was prescribed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mention the teeny tiny spider that cleared the play room and had to be hunted down by big brave Granny.

      Delete
  7. Looks like a fun day.
    Although it’s going to be a tad tiring for poor granny
    Yes if I don’t hear from you I’ll do a mercy dash and deliver more yarn and gin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela. It's good to know you have my back!

      Delete