Tuesday, 24 January 2023

The sound of silence

You may remember (although I don't see why you should) that before Christmas Himself bought me a pair of fancy Sennheiser headphones. 

They are so fancy I was able to have a phone conversation with Two while I was wearing them because they have a microphone in them. I didn't realise that he was hearing me through them until he kindly explained. 

I wear them every night when I watch TV in the same room as Himself faffs around on his computer. We are a loving couple. As we sit there in the same room with our respective headphones on we send text messages and emails to one another. 

I have just watched "Jack Irish" - a really good Australian show with some excellent actors including Guy Pearce - and was taken with the theme tune. There are three seasons of this series and I watched every episode and for more than half of them I used the soundhound app on my phone to identify the music used as the theme.

Every time it was unable to find it.

Last night as I watched the final episode in the final series I realised I was listening through my headphones and asking soundhound to identify .... silence!


If you're interested this is the theme ...



Am I the only one who does things like this? 

19 comments:

  1. They do sound fancy. Way too fancy for me. I’d have no idea how to use them
    We are a loving couple too. Watching telly while on our iPads lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great tv show and we have watched it all as it was broadcast.

    R has tried a couple of sets of Sennheiser bluetooth headphones for his bedroom tv, so as not to disturb me, but they were just incompatible and we returned the JB. By arse or class, he has the right set now but I can't remember what they are.

    I am sitting here at our desktop typing and half watching a rather luscious doco about outback Australia while R is in a lounge chair playing a game on his tablet device as he half watches the same tv show.

    Not you and not I would have predicted this when we were young. Is it bad? Not in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is companionable presence and it works for many. Rather this than being "forced" to watch something we don't like. Enough of that in the bad old days of 4 TV channels and no DVDs or VCRs

      Delete
  3. Looking for something new to watch...thanks!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're way too technologically advanced for me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm following along here vaguely grasping what you're talking about! Glad you're happy with your tech though. I used to know a couple who lived in a New York apartment -- typical 650 square feet, yes, tiny -- who would email to each other rather than chat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our evening routine is that after supper Mr. Moon watches stuff on the TV and I head to bed to read. It works for us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often use IMDB for finding out where shows were shot, I always want to know all of the actors and sometimes the music. Wikipedia is usually a good source too.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Irish#:~:text=The%20theme%20song%20and%20music,McMaster%20and%20Pearl%20Mason%2DScott.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am constantly googling shows as I watch them!

      Delete
  8. It’s the way of the ‘oldies’ world these days.
    After dinner The Golfer tootles off to his ‘domain’….the back bedroom come office….where all his stuff is so he can watch things on catch up iview- me I’m not a watching person so I’m reading/knitting/ listening to jazz or country until he’s done then we share the lounge room quietly until bed calls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He tends to watch you tube car and building stuff. I like a good mystery. It has to have dialogue as I knit and listen as much as watch!

      Delete
  9. I am shocking. I can't watch anything now without checking out who the actors are in IMBD. It annoys me to continue watching and only wondering where I've seen them before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same. Sometimes I lose track of the plot because I'm busy on IMBD!

      Delete
    2. I tend to watch and then wonder who someone is and down the rabbit hole I go.

      Delete