It's late Autumn in Melbourne and that means you take the good weather when you can.
Today and tomorrow have good forecasts - later in the week not so much.
So the inside work has been put on hold and we focussed on the outside. I trimmed the pumpkin patch so Himself could mow the front lawn. We did some clearing out in the back garden and general tidying up. The stylist will be putting some outdoor furniture in the gazebo so that has been emptied.
When I had done as much as I could outside (I will do some weeding tomorrow) I came in and sorted through our pillows picking out the fluffiest ones for display. I may need to buy a couple more but that's OK. I sorted through a box that hasn't been touched for 6 years and I'm glad I did because it contained photos I had forgotten about and some important documents relating to The Aunt (that I swore I didn't have - whoops).
Jinx has been constantly licking her nether regions. When we took them to the vet for their jabs he gave her a course of antibiotics and some cortisone. She seemed to improve but has now licked herself raw. She is not coping with the upheaval going on and I can't explain it to her. All the animals are reacting. Murphy is his usual needy self but seems OK if he gets the attention when he wants it. Minnie and Max have become very affectionate towards me as if seeking reassurance. But poor old Jinx just keeps licking and seems almost depressed. Another trip to the vet this week.
I reduced the gym equipment to nothing and a delightful young man came and collected it this afternoon.
Today has been one of those "oh crikey moses will we ever get this done in time" days. And an "are we doing enough to make this house sell well" days. I keep reminding myself of the flaws we didn't find until we had moved in and hoping that prospective buyers will have the same outlook.
I am not saying there is anything inherently wrong with the house - just that it's 30+years old and I aim for perfect.
Aww! Sounds like Jinx has contracted a fungus...When they lick and lick, it's usually fungus. Get your Vet to do a slide to help identify the type.
ReplyDeleteHope you get squared away before the showing!
hugs
Donna
Fingers crossed it's an easy fix for poor old Jinx. She is doing it tough at the moment.
DeleteAt the end of the day it will be what it will be. Will we do what we can. Or so I keep telling myself.
You will indeed get it all done. And honestly- there is no such thing as perfect.
ReplyDeleteI know that and you know that but someone neglected to tell my brain.
DeleteIf you're working with such an eye toward detail that your pillows must be fluffy, your house is going to look amazing! I wonder if you could apply something bitter to the cat's nether parts to keep her from licking -- quinine, or something like that? The vet will have ideas I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteYou sound as if you are just barely keeping things together. Hang in, it will all get done !
ReplyDeleteYou have nailed it, Chris. It is getting harder every day but I keep telling myself that we are nearly there.
DeleteThere is no such thing as perfection. Have a gin and relax. Spend some time just breathing. Your poor fur babies. They don’t understand. You can get some rescue remedy and add a few drops into their water bowls. Take some yourself. It will help
ReplyDeleteI went the hard stuff. She's on Prozac!
DeleteJinx probably is anxious and a symptom of that is constant licking, the vet may give her a mild tranquiliser. I hope she settles soon.
ReplyDeleteShe is normally a very laid back dog so this behaviour is concerning but understandable.
Delete