The weekend goes by so fast.
It's now Sunday evening. Himself worked like a Trojan and the front looks great. Photos will be forthcoming. One and Three helped. Three more than One who was out all night, didn't sleep and is probably still drunk. I moved stuff around the house to try and make it look less cluttered. Lordy, we have a shit load of crap. And we a have a lot of stuff that isn't crap but that I will need to cull. That will be hard. But I will be brutal.
We then drove down to the beach to have a look at how things are coming along. It was so lovely down there. A breeze blowing, salty smells from the Bay and everything was just so peaceful.
One and Three have gone into the St Kilda festival. I have no idea how One will pull up in the morning. In fact, I'll be very surprised if he makes it into work. Three is the sensible one! And the one with no money although I shudder to think of the state of One's bank account. And his credit card.
Himself has gone to get fish and chips. I have made a salad to have with mine.
Tomorrow, foot permitting, I will hop (well, maybe step gingerly) onto the X-trainer and get some fitness back.
I wish my photography skills were better. I bought some ham for lunch and there was a smidge on the chopping board. A European wasp (nasty little buggers) flew in and started eating it. That was amazing enough but then it took off carrying the piece of ham that would have been as big as the wasp. I tried to take a photo but I couldn't catch it. It was amazing to see and shows how awesome insects are in their capacity to move objects.
Not awesome was the family at the pub on Friday night who were sitting at the table next to us. The children (probably around 10 - 15) were eating their meals. One was eating fish and chips with two hands - no cutlery. And they all ate and talked at the same time so that whoever was unfortunate to be sitting opposite them could see the mastication process in all its glory. And then the parents started their meal and I could see where the children got there table manners.
Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment