Well, I have warned you in the title so if you could care less about my feet go and read someone else!
I saw the physio this evening. She's now thinking bony spurs and I need to see a podiatrist. More massaging of calves (ouch ouch ouch) and more glamorous taping of the feet. No running for a while. Rest over the weekend but I can ride or swim. Seeing as I can't swim (think "brick") it looks like I'll be riding a bit. In fact I had arranged to play golf with Jenny but really don't want to risk all that walking so we are going for a bike ride at 8.00 on Saturday morning before I see the physio again. Rest up and then I can ease into walking next week. But NO running.
At that point the door bell rang and it was a friend arriving to go out to dinner with me. Just as I was settling in for the evening in my dressing gown and reeking of physio rub. I thought we had arranged to go out NEXT Thursday!! So I threw some clothes on and went and had a quick Chinese meal. And she told me her latest problems with her children. Nasty stuff. The son who is 24 takes drugs (ICE in particular) and the two daughters are not very nice to my friend and her new(ish) husband. Obscene text messages and the like. I always appreciate my kids so much more after spending time with her!
It's Friday. I'm feeling a bit seedy (too much red wine). I'm feeling VERY fat and unfit and am about to go to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment