Not sure whether Tom was pissed off because someone was on his part of the couch or happy because he had someone to snuggle up against!! To be honest, he doesn't look particularly fussed either way!!
Once again, Himself has worked like a *insert politically correct term here*. Three's room which defied description has been painted. Dr. Teacher is waiting for the new occupant (which he assumes will be a smallish child) to be traumatised with the vision of a large hand drawn skull emerging from the newly painted wall over time. Needless to say I forgot to take before photos (although to be fair, Himself was in such a foul mood over the prospect of attacking this room it would have been injudicious of me to venture anywhere near it with a camera). But it's done and it looks great.
I got stuck into our bedroom and the study and they are ready for inspection! I still need to go around with a cloth and some all purpose cleaning spray but I'll wait until the whole house is done and then spot clean as required. The carpets still concern me. Not sure whether to clean and live with the indelible stains or get some of them replaced.
The good thing is that we have broken the back of this. I reckon that a good hard attack next weekend (with some minor assaults through the week) will see the place at least ready to have agents through.
After all of Himself's hard work he needed a break so we headed down to the new place and were able to go through the house-that's-the-same-as-ours which is now complete with carpets and door furniture and stuff. Even though the colour scheme is the one I like the least I still love the house. And BONUS ... we were told that the company is now landscaping the back garden as well as the front. So we will get paving, garden beds and a bit of grass all included in the price. We are a bit suss about this as it's not in our contract and we can't work out why they are doing this but that's what we've been told and it was very good news. If it doesn't happen it's no big deal.
We went to an auction of a house just around the corner. It's a brand new place, architect designed and featured in a fancy magazine. The asking price was ridiculously low (if all the advertising hype was to be believed) but there was not a single bid. Not one, single bid. It was passed in on the vendor's bid and we were really concerned at what that suggested for when we sell our place.
After we had been for our sanity drive we went past to see if it had been sold post auction as often happens. Nope. But then Himself realised that it was, in fact, the front unit of two. Which would have been obvious if we had had a good look before the auction but none of the advertising (and it was extensive) even hinted at the fact that this was, effectively, a town house with NO garden (and we arrived after the auctioneer had started his spiel).
So I am still hopeful that we will realise a sum for this place that will enable us to substantially reduce our mortgage.
I saw the physio on Thursday. More of the same and the purchase of shoe inserts. My feet felt fantastic on Friday but yesterday the pain was back and remains today. I think I'll need to get an x-ray after all.
Is this why they call him Fabio?! (and worse!)
No comments:
Post a Comment