This morning I met Fireman Sam in the park at 5.30. He sent me off to run a lap. I ran about 200 metres feeling just fantastic. Breathing was right, legs were right, foot was only a tad sore. And then it felt as if I had landed fair and square on a nail. "FUCK" just might have escaped my lips as I pulled up short. And just as I was about to overtake a fella. I stretched and rested a minute or two and the pain subsided. So I thought I'd try to run again. BIG mistake.
Hobbled back to where Fireman Sam was waiting for me and then showed him what I had done. Second big mistake!
We did some boxing which was great after such a long break.
I then went into work and hobbled around the hospital. My foot is more painful than it has ever been and two nurofen and two panadeine didn't touch it. I don't think I'll be running again anytime soon. In fact I don't think I'll be WALKING anytime soon. Maybe a bike ride tomorrow night. I don't know what Fireman Sam and I will do on Wednesday morning. I'll have to email him and see if he can come up with something else to stretch me and keep my fitness levels up. Maybe I shouldn't have given the exercise bike away after all!!
I went to a yoga class after work. I've signed up for 6 classes (a term). It was quite pleasant. Very gentle with lots of stretches and relaxation. But I feel that I've moved a bit. It was impossible to do a few of the poses because of my foot so I'm looking forward to next week. If I love it I'll continue, if not I'll look at Tai Chi.
Himself has spent the day at home stressing about anything and everything. Needless to say the home front isn't exactly relaxing at the moment.
Three started his new job and loves it.
On that note I shall go and help Himself get dinner on the table.
No comments:
Post a Comment