Friday, 1 February 2008

I'm tired

I may not make a lot of sense.

Himself got home after 11.oo last night and then spent even more time on a conference call.
I took something that One said to me this morning totally out of context and stressed about it and it made me feel sad.

I got to work and the person from whom I collect the handover sheet and pager was out for a smoke so I couldn't get said sheet and pager until later which meant buying my coffee (a double shot mocca, thankyoujezus) and walking to my office on my SORE FOOT and then all the way back to her office on my SORE FOOT. And the two offices are at opposite ends of the hospital.

Himself rang to say that Three had been in a car accident. Nothing serious. A fender bender. But Himself was overreacting and I was worried about Three. Himself made out Three was totally to blame (legally yes, he ran into one car which was nudged into an arsehole who paid out on Three until the nice female driver of the middle car came to his defense. I told you I was tired ... this doesn't have to make sense!).

I finally got in touch with Three and he was ok. Shaken but ok. And worrying about how he's going to pay the excessive excess on the insurance claim.

Then Himself rang to say he was feeling unwell with chest tightness. I suggested he ring our GP. He said he thought it was more serious than that.

Long story short(er). He ended up in our ED. On monitoring. With something cardiac happening but not a heart attack. He still has episodes of chest discomfort (he refuses to call it pain ... all chest sensations that are not normal are referred to as chest pain by the medical people - just so you know). His heart rate fluctuates between a bit low and really, really low. So low the alarms beep. I have no idea why. He has been admitted overnight. He is not happy. I think I have convinced him to take next week off. And we will be having serious discussions about lifestyle changes and stress levels and priorities and life balance.

We are moving for a different lifestyle and I intend to have him there with me to enjoy it.

I have eaten too much pizza and feel bloated. Damn it was good, though. The brightest spot in my day, really!

Now I am going to kick back and relax (yeah, right) before I get up in the morning and go back to the hospital to see if they are going to let him home and if they have a reason for this epsiode. My gut feeling? Stress, stress and more stress.

I am sooo tired!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cazza, honey, your day from hell was way more serious than my day from hell. Update us this weekend and let us know how Himself is doing.

    ReplyDelete